Chapter 9

This week has flown by so fast. I basically stayed to myself. I worked most of the time. That or I was out with the girls shopping for bathing suits.

Only one Time have I had to interact with luke. Emi brought all the guys together to tell them that their girlfriends and me are leaving. It was awkward because they all belonged to each other and there's me who used to best friends with the other single person but made me feel like we were strangers.

I could see the sadness in Luke's eyes knowing he messed up. I've lost my best friend.

We are all at the airport now. Everyone saysing their goodbyes. I gave Michael a hug first. I could honestly say that he was an amazing guy. We had this brother sister relationship. We'd make fun of each other but loved each other. I then head to calum doing our little hand shake. We both laugh as I mess up. We wrap our arms around each other and swat side to side.
" don't miss me to much". He whispers in my ear. I laf his shoulder ad reply

" don't worry I won't even think of you."

I make my way over to Ashton . tears in his eyes. He was always the emotional one.

" suck it up big baby and bring it here" I say as I walk up to him opening up my arms. He smiles as he pulls me into a hug. His arms holding me tight.

" watch after them OK , " he asked me looking into my eyes holding my shoulder.

" your asking me , I'm the one who's sneaking alcohol onto the plane. " I laugh and pat my purse.

" yes I'll watch then Ashton." I reassure him. I walk towards my bag when I see luke beside it. I take a deep breath holding most of it. .

" be safe." He mumbles. Even though I'm still keeping my distance.from him I speak up.

" I don't get a hug." It made his head shoot up and a smile form on his face. He then walks closer and soon our bodies are entangled. I miss this. I miss us. The times we laughed until we were out of breath. Him holding me makes me think how I want us to be. I then snap back into reality realizing that there was a tear slowly streaming downinb my face.

I pull away and look at luke. His eyes were getting puffy.
" I miss you Mackenzie." He bluntly blurts out. I shake my head.

" I know I was a jerk that night but let me make it up to you. Prove to you that I'm not what you saw that night. " he gets interupted by the intercom.

"Flight 673 to lizard island is now boarding"

I look back to see the girls waving for me to hurry. I turn back to luke.

" I'm sorry but I have to go" I quickly grab my bag and walk away quickly passing the girls. Not stopping at all. Once we all make it to the gates I had the girl my ticket. I look back over to the boys and make eye contact with luke. He does something that we've always done as little kids.

He crosses his heart.

I turn my head And board the plane. Taking the sear next to the window.
Why did he cross his heart. He didnt promise to do anything.

I quickly forget about everything. I just pop my head phones in and start playing the 1975. As the plane takes off I stars out the window.

Goodbye Sydney. Hello lizard island.

----
We walk into out little vacation house. Its huge.

We are staying in a house on the beach. We have our own private pool and tanning area.
There's 2 stories. The upstairs holds 3 bedrooms and 2 bath. A balcany out of each room. All the walls are white. With brown picture frames of random pictures.
The downstairs has a hugeee living room with a curved couch. Flat screen TV, and the wall that's facing the beach is made of all glass with the curtains pulled to the side. Then the kitchen is your typical beach kitchen but glass lizards on the table. There's a dining room and then the porch that wrapps around the house. I wouldn't mind staying here forever.

I walk back into my room that I'm sharing with emi.
She's already on the phone with Michael. Those two... True love birds.
I laugh as I lay my bag on the bed. I open and look for my black bikini. I take it and my cover up into the bathroom and change. I while off my make up and grab a hair bow. I grab my bag and put my phone, tanning lotion , and headphones in the bag.
I motion to emi that I'm going to the beach.

She puts her hands to the phone. Shelby and Haley are out getting grocies. I nodded and walked out of the room.

I walk out into the back. It has like a little forest that arches. It leads you to a path onto the beach. I follow that path. The hot silk sand under my feet give me a feeling of relaxation.

I set my stuff on the table put out for us and take off my cover up. I cover my body in sun tanning lotion, pull my hair up into a loose pony tail. I walk up to the edge of the water. The sound of the waves, the smell of salt water and the sound of pure silence. I just stand here and close my eyes. Breath. Breath.

Paradise.