Chapter 22

I jolt up from bed. Sweat running gober my face , breath heavy tear stained cheeks. I swallow and feel the soarness of my throat.

I turn to find an empty spot beside me. I slowly get up out of bed and head to the bathroom first

I take a look at myself.

Hair in knots, face wet, I look dead.

Memories from last night roll through my head. I rest my hands on the counter and tears start to roll one by one off my cheeks hitting the floor.

My breaths are shaky and hesitant. I lower my shorts and rum my hands over my upper thighs. The scars of everlasting thoughts.

Every line cascading over my skin, just noticable for you to see. As I stand here I'm my underwear and Luke's shirt I pull my shorts back up.

I whipe my face off and slowly head downstairs.

As I walk I hear the chatters of Luke and my grandma downstairs. I step on a stair and it creeks.

Everything goes silent.

Once I get to the bottom of the stairs I see both of them stairing at me, both looks of sympathy and sadness. I just walk passed them into the kitchen. I reach for a bowl on the top shelf but cant reach. I then feel someone press against the back of me

I scream and jump back.

I see it was Luke reaching up to grab me a bowl

" I'm.." He starts

"No " I look to him and smile. He hands me the bowl and goes back to company my grandmother.

I pour me a bowl of cereal I make my way to see if they would like anything

" while she was sleeping she would hit me and yell at me saying get out and don't touch her.. So I got up and out of bed holding to help but then she would cry my name so I would go back in and she would start screaming again so I got up and she cried. It made me feel helpless , I was torn to prices.." He tells my grandmother.

I make a noise to let them know I was walking in

" do y'all want anything " I ask my grandmother looked to Luke and he gets up and heads into the kitchen.

" you heard it didn't you" he sits at the bar as I stand beside the counter and eat.