Chapter 16

3 weeks later

I walk into the hospital and head towards Shelbys room with flowers and food. As I turn to go into her room, I'm met with an empty room. The bed perfectly made windows open. I turn to check if I've got the right room and see someone be in wheeled in. This isn't Shelby. I ask the doctor
"Where was the girl that used to be in here, her name was Shelby lane" my hands shaking waiting for the worst response.
" miss I'm sorry but she died early this morning" the time stops. This can't be happening. I drop the vase of flowers and run out of the room. I run towards the entrance. I walk out and into the pouring rain. She's dead she's gone. No she can't be. I'm not going to let her die alone. The darkness of the night sky is the only way to her right. I run into the streets and turn my head being blinded by headlights.

My eyes open wide , sweat pouring down my face, throat burning, and I'm breathing heavily. The moon is the only thing lighting up my room. I ball my knees up to my chest and rest my head on them. I turn to look at the clock.

12:48 am.

2 hours of sleep how wonderful, and I know I'm not going back to sleep. This has been happening every night. I wake up at the exact same time , from the exact same dream. I don't tell anyone but I'm pretty cure they know , from the black circles from under my eyes and the raspyness of my voice. I don't go out anymore unless its to see shelby.

She's still In a coma and if she doesn't come out soon I don't know what's going to happen.

I've been growing away from luke. I feel as though if I get close I'm just going to loose him, he hasn't been to house since the night he cooked me dinner. Everytime we hamg out i talk less and less , its like im already dead. He tries so hard but he gets nothing and he gets mad sometimes and its hard to watch.We fight now, alot about stupid stuff , it's not healthy. I used see the love in his eyes and I don't think I see that anymore. I just see sympathy and hurt. That's what I'm scared of , I don't want to loose him but I'm scared I already have.