Chapter 6

"Mackenzie?" I look up to meet the gaze of mason.

" mason..." I reach out to touch him but he jerks away..

" no don't touch me ... I knew you had feelings for this guy I should've known this was never going to work... " years start to form in his eyes. My heart breaks at the sight of this.

"Mason please I really do like your you are an amazing guy but then I have luke that I've had feelings for since 6th grade and I just don't know what to do.." I say looking him In the eyes I can see more anger than sadness.

" well I'll make it easier for you... We are done. Have a nice life. " he storms off down the street.

My heart breaks into two. I really did like mason, but when it comes to luke I can't help myself. He's like a god. His smile is like a drug. His touch is like fireworks.

But then there's mason , the first guy that seems to actually like me. Whenever we were together we had the best times. Always laughing and playing around. Never a dull moment.

I'm torn between a guy that i need and guy that I want.

"Mackenzie ..." luke stands in front of me. I can't even look at him.

" just don't luke.." I say looking at the ground.

" but I thought you liked me.." He says hopefully

"See that's the problem, I was happy with mason , he treated me right its everything I wanted in a guy, but you can't just come out here and think everything will go your way. I wasn't gonna wait on you forever luke..." I look up into his sympathy filled eyes.

I did still like luke but I know its not right. I can't do it.

" I just need to go." I say walking away from luke passing everyone under the balacony.

" I'm so sorry guys , it was nice meeting all of you." I wave and get sympathy smile from everyone.

Walking to my car the rain continues to soak me. I get into my car and just sit there.
I grab the wheel tightly mg knuckles white from the grip. I take a breath and drive off.
As I walk into the house I close the door not bothering to turn on the lights I slide down the door. I just let the cries escape. I think about mason. I think about luke.