Chapter 17

"Jayje? Are you there?" Garcia asked. 

"No. It can't be him. I would've noticed if he was around. I would've seen him." JJ said after a moment of processing everything. 

"It's him. Trust me. I've looked several times." Garcia said. 

"What about females? The druggie that we arrested here said there was a male and a female. We know the male is Will, but who is the female?" JJ asked. 

"Based off of Will's social media, records, and phone, there isn't a female. Unless they communicate through burner phones I have no idea." Garcia said. 

"Thanks Garcia." JJ said and hung up. JJ's stress was continually rising, and Nala could sense that. So she rubbed up against JJ's legs and demanded to be petted. "Thanks baby girl. Want to go for a walk?" JJ asked. Nala's ears perked up, and so did her mood. JJ took that as a yes, so she told her Sergeant where she was going and that she would be back soon. JJ just went around the block before heading back inside. She checked the time and realized it was almost time for Nala to train. After they went back inside, JJ and Nala went straight to the K9 training gym. It was a recent add on to the department, and all of the K9's loved it because they had a lot more space to run around. Since they were a little early for their time, they sat down and interacted with the other K9 and K9 officer that shares their time. 

"I'm just glad they finally were able to build something much bigger than just the small back yard." officer Kasey said. 

"Me too. I know Nala and I only used the back yard for like 2 days, but we really love how much room there is in here. We also love that two K9's can train at a time." JJ said. 

"Yes. With having so many K9's in the unit, you'd think they would've built this a long time ago." he said. 

"For real. You know, I don't think we've actually officially met. I'm JJ. Or Jareau. Or Officer Jareau. WHich ever you'd prefer. And this is Nala." JJ said, introducing her and Nala.

"I'm Matthew. Or Matt. Or Kasey. Or Officer Kasey. Which ever you prefer. And this is my best friend Bolt." Matt said. 

"Nice to meet you. I think Nala and Bolt have taken a liking to each other. Just please, no puppies. I'm not ready to be a grandma yet." JJ said. Matthew chuckled. 

"No worries. If there is puppies one day, I will make sure Bolt provides child support. Whether it will be some money or some wet food and kibbles for the puppies." Matthew said. JJ chuckles this time. 

"Jareau, Kasey, you're up." an officer from the other two training K9's said. JJ and Matthew nodded and went their separate ways. JJ trained Nala just like she did any other day, and she was finally able to get her mind off of Emily for a little bit. She felt like she was going crazy because she was so focused on finding her that she already drank six cups of coffee just in the time frame of the drug house. 

"Hey Jareau! Wait up!" Kasey shouted as they were done with their training session. JJ stopped and waited for him. 

"What's up?" JJ asked. 

"Do you want to get dinner some time?" he asked. 

"Kasey, I'm in a-" JJ started, but he cut her off.

"I know you're in a relationship. I'm keeping up with the case about Emily. I just wanted to ask you some questions about the FBI and maybe a certain someone on the BAU team." he said. 

"Okay. How about after shift we go to the 24 hour ice cream and cookie shop and talk there?" JJ suggested. 

"Sounds like a plan. Meet me at the front entrance?" he asked. JJ nodded her head. "Alright. See you then." he said. JJ was a little suspicious of him, but she figured she should get to know the guy before making any assumptions about him.