Chapter 8

~2 Weeks Later~

It was time for Emily to see the doctor. JJ, fortunately, had the day off, so she was going with Emily to her appointment. "Are you nervous?" JJ asked. 

"Not really. I mean, I can basically do everything I normally can do without my head and ribs hurting, and I'm not sensitive to bright things anymore." Emily said. 

"True. I hope you are all better." JJ said. 

"Me too." Emily said. They walked into the hospital hand-in-hand, and JJ saw the lady who said that Emily wasn't her girlfriend the night the accident happened. Since the elevator was where the lady could see them, and since she was staring at them, JJ decided to give Emily a kiss. "What was that for?" Emily asked with a smile. 

"Just because I love you." JJ said with a smile. Emily kissed JJ again before the bell dinged, and the elevator doors opened. Emily pressed the floor button that her doctor's office is on, and they waited a few seconds before the doors opened again. They walked to his office, and they waited for him to walk in. 

"Hello, Emily." he said as he walked in. 

"Hello." Emily said. 

"I see you brought your girlfriend." he said. Emily nodded. "Well, I have some good news. The tests that you did a couple days ago all came back great. You still have just the smallest concussion still, but I think it should go away in a couple days. The x-rays we took a couple days shows that your ribs are healed. I think that you may return to bull riding within the next week. I'm going to give you the okay to return in a week's time, but you can return anytime you want to after a week." he said. Emily slightly smiled and thanked him. "Do you have any questions?" he asked. 

"Um, if I decided to not return to bull riding, would I be able to do any other job?" Emily asked. JJ looked at her with a concerned look. 

"As long as it doesn't involve fighting or anything that would give you another severe concussion, then yes." he answered. Emily nodded her head and thanked him. JJ and Emily got up and left his office. 

"So you're not returning?" JJ asked. Emily shook her head 'no'. "That's understandable. So what are you going to do?" JJ asked. 

"Uh, we'll talk about that later." Emily said. Now JJ was worried. "I need to go and tell my coach that I am resigning as a bull rider." 

"You mean retiring?" JJ asked. 

"That makes me sound really old. I like resigning better." Emily said with a chuckle. That put a smile on JJ's face, and so they went to the arena where they practiced. JJ sat in the car while Emily went and told her coach. It took about 15 minutes, but JJ didn't mind. She knew that Emily would want to say goodbye to everyone before she left. 

"You good?" JJ asked as Emily got into the car. Emily nodded her head, and she drove to a park. "What are we doing here?" JJ asked. 

"We're going to talk about what I'm going to do." Emily said and got out of the car. JJ got that worried feeling again, and so she got out as well and followed Emily. They ended up sitting on the swings. They just sat there in silence until Emily got up and started to lightly push JJ. "You know I love you, right?" Emily asked. 

"Well, yeah. Why are you asking me that?" JJ asked. 

"And you know that I would never want to hurt you?" Emily asked. 

"Yes. Emily why-"

"I'm moving to Dallas." Emily blurted out, cutting JJ off. JJ stopped the swing with her feet and looked back at Emily. 

"What?" JJ asked just barely over a whisper. 

"I'm moving to-" Emily started, but JJ cut her off. 

"I heard what you said, but why are you moving to Dallas?" JJ asked. 

"I want to start out fresh. I've always loved Dallas, and I think that I can be successful if I just go to a place that I love and just get a new view on what all is out there." Emily said. 

"So you're just going to give up your life that's here?" JJ asked. 

"I wouldn't say giving up. I'm just closing up this chapter and starting a new one." Emily replied. 

"What about me? Are you just going to leave me behind like nothing ever happened?" JJ asked. 

"No. I would never do that. I just, don't know about how this is going to work out." Emily said. 

"What do you mean? Are you suggesting that we break up?" JJ asked with a hurt voice. 

"I'm just, I'm not good with long distance relationships." Emily said. 

"Then why are you moving so far away?! Why wouldn't you move somewhere that's close to here, huh?!" JJ asked. Well, more like shouted. JJ was hurt, and she started to shed a few tears. 

"I wanted to, but Dallas was calling my name." Emily said. 

"I need to go home." JJ said and started to walk to Emily's car. Emily sighed and followed JJ. She didn't want to hurt JJ, but she did, and she felt awful about it. 

~1 week later~

It's been a week, and JJ and Emily haven't talked to each other at all. Emily was packing up the rest of her stuff when she came across a picture of her and JJ. It was when they were goofing off and decided to take a picture. Emily started to tear up at the sight of the picture and the thought of that moment. She really ruined the best thing that ever happened to her. Right as she was putting the last thing in a box, she heard a knock at the door. She groaned because she just wanted to tape up the box and be done with it all. But, she went to the door and opened it. It revealed JJ. 

"I'm coming with you." JJ said.

A/N

Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter!