Chapter 7

"JJ, I'm perfectly capable of walking inside." Emily said after JJ said she wanted to carry her into her apartment.

"I know, but I just want to be romantic." JJ said with her sad puppy dog eyes. 

"Are you sure you can lift me?" Emily asked. 

"Yes I am sure. Now let me be romantic." JJ said and carefully picked up Emily bridal style. 

"And here I thought I would be the one doing this to you." Emily said as they were walking to the door. JJ chuckled and got the key to her apartment ready for when they reached it. They did, and JJ unlocked it. JJ walked in with Emily in her arms and sat her down on the couch. 

"Do you need anything?" JJ asked. 

"Just some food that isn't hospital food." Emily said. 

"What would you like?" JJ asked. 

"Chicken nuggets and mac and cheese." Emily answered her. 

"Okay. Do you have those things?" JJ asked. 

"It's my favorite food. Of course I do." Emily said. 

"Of course it is." JJ said with a chuckle. She went out to the kitchen and began to cook what Emily wanted. Emily got really bored because she wasn't allowed to watch TV, so she went out to the kitchen and hugged JJ from behind. "Excuse me, ma'am, but you're supposed to be sitting down." JJ said. 

"I got cold, and it's scarwy out there by myself." Emily said in a childish voice. 

"Oh my gosh." JJ said while laughing causing Emily to laugh as well. 

"But in all seriousness, I really am cold. And you just happen to be the best blanket." Emily said, pulling JJ a little bit closer. 

"Well your blanket is trying to make you something to eat." JJ said, chuckling. Emily started to lightly kiss JJ's neck, and JJ started to not be able to concentrate. "Emily..." JJ trailed off. Emily lightly set her fingers on JJ's jaw to turn her head towards her. When JJ was looking at her, Emily kissed her gently. Emily pulled away, and JJ smiled. Their foreheads were touching each other, and they were just enjoying the moment. 

"I-I love you." Emily said nervously. JJ smiled even wider. 

"I love you most." JJ replied. Emily smiled and kissed JJ again, but they had to cut it short because JJ needed to check on Emily's food. 

"You are literally the best girlfriend ever." Emily said as her food was done. 

"I try to be." JJ said. JJ ate a pint of ice cream while Emily ate her chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. 

"Is that all you're going to eat?" Emily asked. 

"Yeah. Don't worry. I'll be hungry in like 20 minutes and eat actual food." JJ said. 

"Can I have your metabolism?" Emily asked. 

"No because I will literally be like 700 pounds by next week." JJ said. 

"Oh my gosh no you won't." Emily said, chuckling. "Have you ever watch ErikTheElectric?" Emily asked. 

"Who?" JJ questioned. 

"He's a Youtuber. Anyway, he eats around 13,000 calories worth of food in one sitting for a video once a week I believe. But he doesn't eat that all the time. Just for videos. He exercises as well." Emily said. 

"Hm. Well, I probably eat like half of that a day. But my metabolism makes up for it." JJ said laughing. After they finished eating, they just cuddled on the couch as best as they could without hurting Emily's ribs. 

~2 weeks later~

"Do you have to go back?" Emily groaned. It was the day that JJ had to return to work. 

"Unfortunately. Trust me, I would much rather spend time with you and take care of you, but I have to catch bad guys to keep you, my lovely girlfriend, safe." JJ said. 

"Ugh." Emily groaned. 

"I'm going to have an old friend take care of you while I'm away. I gave her specific instructions, but if you need to cuddle, then you have your blankets to cuddle with. It's not that I don't trust you guys because I do 100%. But I just don't want you cuddling with anyone else." JJ said. Right after she said that, the doorbell rang. "There she is." JJ said. She walked over to the door and opened it. "Elle!" JJ said excitedly. 

"JJ!" Elle said with the same excitement. The two hugged each other before JJ let Elle walk in. 

"This is Emily. Emily, this is Elle." JJ said, introducing them. They shook hands, and they immediately started talking. "I can see you two are friends already, and this is going to go well. I'm need to head to the BAU." JJ said. Emily gave JJ a kiss, and Elle hugged her. 

"So you got a concussion from falling off a bull?" Elle asked. 

"Yeah. I want to return to bull riding, but I don't think I can. The more I think about the accident, the more I'm afraid to do it again. I love it, I really do, I'm just scared to do it again." Emily said. 

"It sounds like you're suffering a little bit from PTSD." Elle said. 

"I wouldn't necessarily say that." Emily said. "Look, I know you just got here, but I haven't had a nap today, and I'm getting tired." Emily said. 

"That's completely okay! You go take a nap. I'll be okay by myself." Elle said. 

"Thanks." Emily said and went to her room and laid down. 

'How is she doing?' JJ messaged to Elle.

'She's doing okay. She just went for a nap. But, I think she is suffering from a little bit of PTSD.' Elle sent. 

'I figured she would. That was a pretty traumatic event.' JJ sent.

'Yeah. Especially since it was something she loved.' Elle said.

'True. Thank you for watching her for me.' JJ said.

'No problem!' Elle said and decided to read a book. 

A/N

Hey guys! Kind of a boring chapter, but I hope you like it!