Chapter 20

JJ was in the hospital for one more day before she was released. The team tried to contact her, but she just ignored them. She didn't want to see, hear, or speak to them for a very long time because they allowed what happened to Emily to happen. They should've left earlier than they did. They should've allowed JJ to go with them. "Jayje, are you ready to go?" Brooklyn asked. JJ and Brooklyn started to grow closer to each other the more they hung out. They were quickly becoming best friends. 

"Yeah. Just let me grab my charger, and I will be on my way out." JJ said. Brooklyn nodded and waited for her. A nurse rolled in a wheelchair, and JJ sighed. 

"I know you don't want to go out in a wheelchair, but it's protocol." the nurse said. JJ sat in the wheelchair unwillingly and allowed for the nurse to roll her out to Brooklyn's car. She carefully got in the passenger side as she's still very sore from the explosion. She fastened her seat belt and waited for Brooklyn to take her to her and Emily's house. 

"Did you guys get my car from the station?" JJ asked. 

"Yep. We even went through the car wash before going to your house because it was very dusty." Brooklyn said. 

"You know I could've done that, right?" JJ asked. 

"I know, but Matt and I just wanted to do you a favor." she said. JJ thanked her, and they didn't talk the rest of the way. JJ walked in and was immediately greeted by Nala. She seemed to be feeling a little better than the day before, which was good. 

"Hi baby girl!" JJ said enthusiastically. Nala's tail was wagging since she couldn't jump repeatedly just yet. JJ went into the kitchen because she was starting to get hungry and decided to just eat some yogurt and granola. She was starting to get bored, so she called Matt and Brooklyn to see if they wanted to hangout. 

"You literally just got out of the hospital." Brooklyn said. 

"Yeah babes. You need to rest." Matt said. 

"It's so boring here. Tell you what. How about we go car shopping. I need a new car." JJ said. 

"What about Nala?" Brooklyn asked. 

"She can come along. Just can't go inside a car until I buy one." JJ said. 

"Okay." Matt said sounding skeptical. 

"Come on. It'll be fun." JJ said. They agreed to meet up at JJ's house so they all can ride in her car to the dealership. They both arrived within 10 minutes. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Brooklyn asked. 

"Of course. I've been wanting a new car for a long time. It seems like the right time to do so." JJ answered. They drove to the nearest dealership, and JJ was scoping out some cars that she liked. 

"Hello! I'm Curtis. How are you guys doing today?" a car salesman asked, walking up to them. 

"We're doing good!" JJ said. 

"That's wonderful. So who's the lucky one that's getting a new car today?" he asked. JJ raised her hand. 

"Awesome. Is there a certain car that you had your eye on?" he asked. 

"There were a couple that I saw." JJ said. 

"Alright. Which one would you like to test drive first?" he asked. JJ pointed to a Dodge Durango. "That's a wonderful choice. I just need to get a copy of your license and insurance before I hand you the keys to test drive it." Curtis said. JJ handed him her license and insurance card, and he walked away to take a copy of them. 

"I thought you would want to test drive the Bronco first." Matt said. 

"I like the color of the Durango." JJ said. Matt and Brooklyn chuckled before Curtis was back.