TWO. ddakji

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME WITH ME?" she looked up at him with a confused look on her face. " I am not a prostitute, get lost." Before she could even walk away he denied while getting in front of her.

"you've got it all wrong, I am nothing like that I would just like to play a quick game with you."

"if that's alright with you" She eyed him before speaking, "alright, I'll play a game with you."

"do you know how to play ddakji? She nodded looking down at the brief he had now opened. widening her she looked at the small stacks of money that had been in there. it would probably be more that what she earns with working with her father in the weekends.

"play a few rounds of ddakji with me, and each time you win, I'll pay you a one hundred thousand won." He now said holding up two different colored folded colored tiles.

"what's the catch in your game, sir?" she was very curious on why s strange rich man would come up to her offering money out of nowhere.

"well the catch would be, it would be obligatory for you to return the exact same amount of money." now the man looking at her, he could see the worry in her eyes.

"Sorry, sir I would not be able to pay you back as I do not have money at the moment."

he nodded at her, "as I thought."

she didn't know if she should've been offended or not but she went on. "you'll have the honers to go first if you'd like."

now holding the blue folded tile she put as much force as she could to attempt to fill his over put failed to do so, now going to his turn he was able to flip her's first try without any hesitation. yujin was certain he had a pro athlete at the game if she couldn't even do it first try. "looks like you win, I'm out."

since she didn't want to lose her money at a simple game she attempted to make a run for it, " you can pay me another way. it's your choice"

"with what exactly will I pay you with, huh."

" allow me to explain, I will take off 100 grand with every slap I'll give you." as painful as it sounded she could have a chance in wining the money. she wouldn't even have to worry about her father finding out why she got slapped since she was going to her mother's house after this.

yujin agreed to the deal the man had made her and kept playing the game.

now going home with over 300,000 won and achieving her goal of three wins she took the money into her pocket along with a small business card he had given her. it was a card with three familiar shapes. she remembered him saying that there where other games like this where you could make even more.

now walking along with the biggest smile on her face she had passed by a small shop and had bought four ramyeon for her mother, her step-father and of course herself. once arriving at home she knocked on the big framed white door. opening it she saw her mother with a fancy dress on walking into the kitchen where she'd seen her step-father eating Jjajangmyeon her mother had made him.

placing the ramen on the counter she sat down and her mother 'kim doyun' laid a plate down for her daughter to eat.

"what happened to your face, yujin?" her step-father had asked her. now getting examined by both adults.

"nothing I bumped into someone coming back home."

"is your father still working at the shop?" she was talking about the same shop they both use to run.

"mmh, we went down to. help ms.cho today it was fun packing the squid into the truck." she exclaimed filling her mouth with food.

"that's horrible you shouldn't be helping adults do their job. you should be having fun and enjoying you weekends with your friends." kim donghyun said to her.

"you shouldn't be telling me what to do on my free time with my father." you could say she was dramatic but donghyun had always been a very bad person to her father. he had once paid her father's boss to fire him in which they did.

your probably wonder how she knows, he had told her the second week she moved in with them. ever since she had hated him with her whole soul.

NOW AT MIDNIGHT WHERE EVERYONE WAS SLEEPING HER, herself could not find anything to do to fall asleep without think of her father or the strange man that had slapped her multiple times in return for money. but one thing she did know was she was going to call the number on the back of the card.

now dialing 5650 4006

hello. who's calling?

"hello, you had given me your business card earlier."

do you wish to participate in the game?

if you wish to participate, please state your name and birthdate.

"yang yujin , february 16, 2004"

in order for me to continue writing this please do the following (I will still update if you don't , don't worry) I just don't like ghost readers

-comment
-vote
-follow