SEVENTEEN. the break-out

( not proofread )

AS EVERYONE GATHERED TOGETHER AS A GROUP, yujin stayed by herself not wanting to interact with others at the moment. just thinking of the moment someone could just walk up to her and slice her neck open, the worst felling.

"hey, pickpocket." sae-byeok who was sitting alone trapped in her own world glared to her side. "are you okay?"

"it looked like you and that thug really had it out for each other." he informed her, it looked like she didn't want anyone to look out for her. "so what?"

"tonight, if anything happens, we'll all meet in my bed right there." he pointed to his bed, "are you in?"

"I don't trust people." quickly looking down not barring to look up or make eye contact with him, "and that's twice as true for anyone who'd end up in here. go it?"

"you think that's how it works, huh?"

"listen, you don't trust people here because you can. you do it because you don't have anybody else."

slowing tilting her head they had made eye contact, "I do have someone."

"who?"

she pointed to the girl who was sitting right across the room, yujin laying down with her head on ji-yeong's lap. ji-yeong who was running her thin fingers through her soft black hair. "how about we ask them to join us, would that make you join our team."

"think about it, we'd outrun them in every game."

she nodded as she imagined a picture in her head, yujin and herself defeat every game and lastly hugging each other because that's what friends do.

AFTER A MATTER OF TIME, the timer started counting down making people anxious. "players, lights-out in two minutes." yujin adjusted herself in the top bunk, not being able to get comfortable . after a bit of time she had finally closed her eyes.

"ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one." the monitor beeped for second and yujin couldn't hold back but to open her eyes fully awake now. she jumped up as she heard the sound of a woman scream for her bed.

you could hear the sound of the glass bottle going through her chest over and over agin, not long after all the players started clamoring. everyone begin to be afraid of what was going to happen next. yujin didn't know if she should've just hid or relax and simple hide under the bed.

the screams of player were ringing in everyone's ears, bareing to even stay clam yujin climbed out of her bunk and sped walk to the nearest wall, she collapse for a second but help onto the bunk railing.

the dizziness being caused from the light flickering on and off. making her head spin along with her stomach. suddenly she felt someone grab her from the hip. sae-byeok attached her arm around her a carefully laid her down for a second. "hey, hey, you're going to be okay."

she tried to calm her down, but the beginning of her panic attack wasn't getting her anywhere. she started breathing in and out attempting to slow down her heart beat. sae-byeok guarded her with a pocket knife in her hand.yujin turned her head around a saw someone come up to them, "s-sae-byeok-

the man had gotten sae-byeok with a sheet cover around her neck making her not able to breath, sae-byeok tried to release herself but couldn't manage. 

yujin had sort of calmed her heart beat but she was still dizzy in a way, she grabbed the pocket knife from sae-byeok's hand a stabbed the man in his thigh making him grunt in pain. they ran out of the scene as quick as possible before anyone else could get a hold of them.

but they weren't lucky as they thought they were since player 101 had ran behind him with another guy who was with him. he grabbed sae-byeok as the other guy grabbed yujin from the neck.

they were put against the wall, yujin being lifted up into the air with the man's hand around her neck. her airway being blocked. struggling to manage to get down, she kicked him all over his body but nothing seemed to be working.

sae-byeok finally got free after many tries. she went up to the other man and grabbed the nearest railing to hit him across the head. yujin fell down to her knees, she got up and attached her hands along with the older girl's hand.

suddenly sae-byeok brought her to gi-hun, she didn't know why but she didn't question it. "you're both here." he inputted in relief.

"like you said." she replied out of breath, out of no where they were pushed to the side. groaning in pain she stood up, it hit her. she didn't know where ji-yeong was. she despretly wanted to run and find her, and make sure she was safe and not in danger. 

she walked as fast as she could- barely breathing. limping over to a near bed she saw ji-yeong who was sitting in the most non-obvious spot. you could barely see her even with the light flicking. she ran towards her and took a place next to her, "oh - thank god you're okay."

"same to you, but you're having a hard time breathing." 

"lay down and calm your heartbeat for a little bit while the fight ends." she wasn't sure if it was actually going to end but she wanted to courage herself a bit. she allowed yujin to rest her head on her lap and get comfortable.

ji-yeong's heart raised as she slowly brought her head down to kiss her head but before she could she got interrupted.

"yang yujin, lets go over here. I got us a team." sae-byeok announced to them. sae-byeok pulled her up now making yujin stand on her feet. before she could drag her along she spoke up, "sae-byeok, could ji-yeong join us?"

"I don't think they'll find." yujin had the biggest smile on her face. she let go of sae-byeok hand and connected it with ji-yeong's.

hello everyone, how are you doing?

a little love triangle?