India

--Sanju--

One week later Robert made all the arrangements for our journey to India. Once we reached Vijayawada, Rami took them to a hotel. Entering the hotel room, I froze at the sight of 2 persons sitting on the couch. My eyes welled up seeing them. One person stood up immediately, raced towards me and hugged me tight. I cried harder hugging him back.

"God, Sanju, don't cry. Please." He said.

"Rahul….." I whispered.

"Yeah!! That's me. Glad you remembered." He chuckled.

I moved back and started hitting him with my fists, "How can you say that? How will I forget you?"

"Ok. Ok. Relax. You shouldn't have left, Sanju. We all love you. We will fight for you." I sensed the strain in his voice and nodded, “I know, Rahul but this is what I want and what I must do for myself.”

He nodded, “My brain understood that but not my heart.” He said, rubbing his chest. I smiled sadly. He moved aside and I got the glimpse of another person.

"Shreya….." I said beaming.

Shreya glared at me with cold eyes, "Give me one reason to not kill you."

I laughed, "I missed you."

"Shut up." Shreya said in her most angry tone, "I can't even think of the words to scold you. Do you know how stupid you behaved?" 

I sighed, "Stop it, Shreya. I got my dose from Rami. Enough. Tell me about the new things."

Shreya sighed and rolled her eyes, "God, what should I do to you?"

We both hugged and stayed silent for a minute.

"Ok. Now. Tell me each and every minute of the past few months. No skipping or escaping. I’m dying to know everything and I have no strength to ask questions." Shreya said, sitting on the couch and dragging me with her.

Robert, Rami and Rahul laughed. Ethan came and set our luggage, "Anything sir?"

Robert shook his head, "Nothing, Ethan. Have some food and take a rest." Ethan, Henry and Zane accompanied them. Ethan nodded.

"Have you checked your rooms?" Robert asked. Ethan nodded and exited the room.

"You brought a worker with you?" Shreya asked once Ethan closed the door behind him.

"Shhhhh…… Shreya!!! He is Robert's head security." I whispered hurriedly. We both chatted for hours and hours. Robert retired to the bedroom. Rami and Rahul also returned to their rooms to take a rest. After their long hours chatting, Shreya slept on the couch. I went to Rahul’s room. We both settled on the couch. I leaned on his shoulder and he draped a hand around me.

"I’m sorry. I should have told you." 

"I can understand, Sanju. I know how you felt. You have every right to do whatever you want. I tried a lot to speak to you but you know things with my dad were worse and I couldn’t take a risk. It’s my mistake too." He soothed me.

"Are you angry at me?" I asked.

"Not at all. I was worried but not angry." He answered. We continued out chat and talked about our family.

Later that day we all spent the time talking, joking around. Robert quickly mingled with Rahul and Shreya as they are very talkative compared to me and Rami. We ordered the food into the room and Robert tasted new varieties of Indian food which I haven’t cooked for him.

Next day after breakfast we all headed towards my house. Shreya is hell bent on accompanying me but I didn’t allow Shreya because I very well know that Shreya can’t decide on whose side she needs to speak. I felt nervous. Rami was driving the car and Rahul sat beside him. Robert and I hopped in the back seat. Understanding my nervousness Robert took my hand and squeezed it.