Kidnap

--Sanju--

For about 4 days, Thomas and his team has turned the world upside down and found that the person who hired Rosy’s attackers was none other than David's assistant. They collected enough evidence and David was taken into custody but he has his strong alibis to proceed further.

I'm back at work. I never left the security. I just attended meetings and remained at home the other time. Ash and Isa offered me to stay at their house but I rejected. I don't want to bother anyone and also don’t want to throw anyone in trouble because of me. One day I'm returning back from her meeting.

“Sanju, where are you?” I received a call as soon as I hopped into the car. 

“On my way home, Rob.” From the corner of my eye I found Zane closing my door and hopping in the front seat.

“How is Rosy?” I asked once Henry started driving. 

“She is fine. You take care. Don’t stress out yourself. The last few days were hectic. Will Nora stay with you tonight?" 

“Robert, Nora just messaged that her husband was caught with the flu and she can’t be available for next 2 days.”

I heard Robert cursing under his breath, “Damn, I will arrange for someone.”

“Robert, everything is over now and also Zane & Ryder are here. That's enough for me.”

He sighed, “Sanju, if you want to stay with John or Sam or Michael you can or you can call them there.”

“Robert, it’s alright. Don’t stress yourself.” 

Robert sighed deeply, “Love you sweetie. Take care.”

“Bye, Robert.” They hung up.

__________

“Sanju…… Sanju…..” I jolted up from my sleep due to the huge pounding on my bedroom door. I opened the door to find Michael. Even though I insisted that I'm going to be fine, Michael volunteered to spend the night with me. We enjoyed the dinner while catching up on the lost time of the past few days. 

“Fire alarm.” He said hurriedly. We both hurried into the living room and found Zane, in his tracks with his phone to his ear. Ryder is not in the living room.

“Where is Ryder?” I asked.

“10 min back he got a call from building security that one of our cars was vandalised. He immediately hurried down.” Zane said, staring at his phone and punching some buttons.

I gasped, “Vandalised? What’s happening?” 

“He isn’t picking up the call. I need to go and check about the fire.” Zane said irritatingly.

“I will go.” Michael volunteered.

Zane shook his head, “No, Mr. Collin. Stay here. It is a safe place.”

Zane disappeared into the elevator. I immediately flopped on the couch. Vandalising……. Fire broke out…. Something is wrong. Who will dare to vandalise our car in our own building? And a fire alarm? The building is completely secured and is fireproof, so how can it happen? Where did the fire break out? What’s happening? I thought everything was over.

God, there are many families living in this building. Did anything happen to anyone?  

Michael sat beside me, taking my hand in his and squeezed it. He just remained silent, understanding my nervousness.

10 min later, Zane called Michael and informed us that it was a false fire alarm and told us to return to our rooms. He has also informed that he is going to find Ryder.