Chapter 1: Part 3 - I'm on my knees

James feels like collapsing in the dry sun. He was sitting in a bus one moment and now stuck in another world, running to who-knows-where. He looks ahead at his companions disappearing in the distance.

Since Lumine, no, Addy initiated their race the likes of her whim as always, James has to pant all the way, and his heart is pumping like crazy. He isn't lucky enough to play as an Anemo character like Gui, who zips with green fervor immediately past Lumine, but at least he's not tumbling every step like Felix as Bennett.

After dragging his numb feet, step by step, for what feels like hours and hours on end, they've reached a small hill with a lonely tree. Just a few more skips and they would enter the bustling camp in front of them.

"Ay yo! Why you guys so slow?" Addy crosses her arms and cocks her head to the side.

James would like to reply if his lungs aren't burning .

"We're not doing a speedrun ya know!" Yes, thanks Felix.

"Ha! Sure."

James' head starts to turn.

The blonde hair guy jumps up, brushes dirt off his grey shirt. "What nex-" James' vision went dark. "James! Are you alright?"

-----------------------------
It's not alright. It's hot. And he smells smoke. Was that thunder? He hears ringing and crying around the corner, but he cannot crane his neck to see. He can't move a thing. It's too dark to see anyways. Why was it wet? Under him is soft though. Perhaps a little nap...
-----------------------------

Coldness runs through his forehead and James gasps in the air.

"Thank goodness! Almost the second casualty today."

James blinks hard. He stares at the green eyes. Out of the corner, a green head looks away. He realizes his head is wet and cold. He pats his own head. Something squishy.

"That's slime condensate. There should be a cooler, but you usually don't use water in this game." Felix pauses. "Or maybe only you do."

"Thanks." James sits up and the slime starts to warm up. He takes it off.

"Let me get another one."

Something tucks behind James' head, like when an answer floats in during a test. "That's alright." He breathes slowly and clutches the slime condensate. A cold pulse flows from his hand and ice crawls up the once gooey liquid. Neat. He puts the block of slime back on his head as his friend's jaw drops.

"Woah ho, awesome! How did you do that? Better yet-" Felix fumbles around his bag. "What else can you freeze?"

On the other side of the tree, the star girl and a Yaksha scan the site at hand, ignoring the noises from the back.

Eagle symbols decorate the green tents while under, men sit around a boiling pot. Even if Addy can't see what's in it, it smells tantalizing. Undeniably they should be-

"Treasure hoarders?" Asks Gui, a hand above his head to block the sun. Cooking was what Addy thought.

"Aw, you stole my line! There should be around 7-8."

"There's only 4."

"There's some tent at the back, and definitely others behind that rock..." Addy trails at the suspicious look the slit eyes toss at her. "Anyways. What are we gonna do about it? Can we fight them?" She adds the last sentence with some thrill.

Treasure hoarders were some spoonable enemies that Addy usually helps her fam. farm, particularly Felix for his Bennett. Like their name, Treasure hoarders usually crowd around ruins in the outskirts of Liyue. A couple of them could be easily wiped off, but a whole camp such as this might take some time. Not that it would be much difficult with a Xiao in her team.