Chapter 11: Part XXVI - Sword and Steel Claw

Last time on Genshin Isekai with Homies...

In search of Paimon's lost crown, Felix, Gui, James, and Addy, along with Klee and Razor, re-entered the Abyssal Doggo domain. But this time, with sneak 100.

It worked well! So well, in fact, that the abyss mages took Felix, Gui, and Klee along!

What will the split parties do?

-----------------------------

James brushes the cart tracks down into the darkness of the abyss, drowned under the clangings of pickaxes all around. Light track, organized and tidy footprints... It is clear that Gui, Felix, and Klee willingly followed the abyss mages. James sighs. It's not this is the first those two does this, but James can't help feeling worried.

He brushes his vision through his burning head and coughs at the dust that falls out. He turns back with an eye closed and shouts to his only friend left in this gigantic room, the blonde girl, rummaging at the other end of the hallway.

"Addy, are you sure we're not following them?"

She looks up from stacking apples on a short altar and quickly waves.

"They'll be fine~" she looks back at a wolf statue, watching her every move, and snorts, resuming stacking the fruits again, just like she did for the past half hour. Ah, now she's adding lamp grass flowers?

James feels his eye twitch and presses his vision on his forehead again. No wonder Chongyun keeps snacking on popsicles every animation. He eyes at the gurgling dog portals, seemingly snarling at him as he passes them by.

"Are they here?" Razor perks up at him with puppy eyes. James shakes his head and the other deflates, resuming his pacing back and forth around the hall.

James seats himself on one of the chests halfway between Addy and the door, and forces himself to sword polishing when he catches a playful glint from a nearby wall and gasps.

Is that a Sacrificial Greatsword?

He glides toward the treasure and drinks in the delicate inlays of Mondstadtian silver artistry along its rain guard. Though he might have missed it earlier from the dulled color, as grey as the cave walls around it, the trinkets and its sheen calls to him. Unmistakably, a four stars weapon! And the big gem in the middle! Glowing, faintly, standing as a testimony through the winds of time.

James reaches up, tiptoeing, and pulls it off the railing. He nearly falls over from its weight. Making sure no one was looking, he beams, rubbing the rust off and gleefully swinging its around.

This is so cool! Felix would so drool over something ancient like this. And if I remembered it right, the sacrificial essence must have helped in sacred ceremonies! I wonder if Gui could give me some tips about it now since he's Xiao.

James whips the sword up and a fair-looking boy with cool icy cat eyes and light-blue hair stares back at him.

Or maybe later.

There is a tap on his shoulder and James nearly jumps out of his skin.

"A-Addy, it's not what you think!- What's up Razor?"

The red eyes under the brown hood looks down at him.

"Too long. Let's go." The boy pulls his claymore up on his shoulder to show his commitment.

"Oh, nono, nuh-uh... Felix, Bennett is in good hands. The Yaksha can be trusted, the green guy. We can wait just a bit longer. Right Addy?"

"Just a second," Addy replies without looking.

Razor glances at him, seemingly unconvinced.

"And, Klee's responsible for her age. They'll be fine," James quips, and Razor furrows his eyebrows like a sad little pug and stares at the door. James never really got around to Razor in-game with the Windblume near his exams, and he did fumble back when he carried the other out the domain with Gui. Well, he has to start somewhere. "I-uh, come sit with me. Have you seen this kind of sword before?"

Razor looks at James head to toe and seats next to him, receiving the claymore. He turns it around, sniffs, and licks it.

"Old, windy." He swings it with one hand around a couple of times with raw energy on invisible enemies, then sits back down. "Sturdy, I like it."

He takes it onto his shoulder and James shyly asks,

"And the wind part, does it helps with rituals? Have you ever used it for training with the wolves?"

Razor rubs his hand along its blade.

"All steel claws are strong. This is just sharper. Better, to protect Lupical." He nods and hands it over, (James nearly falls catching it). That's not what I meant but ok, James smiles dryly.

"Like, I was wondering if I should use this right away or save my materials for a future sword, like, maybe a prototype archaic or some... Oh, right. I, wait, for, big sword, or no?"

"Iron claw and ice tooth, better by user. Master Lisa says. You strong."

James smiles sheepishly, and keeps the sword into his inventory.

"Thank you." James scratches the back of his head. "Want to... go hunt together sometimes?"

Razor nods.

"Yes. You use big words, ok. I want to learn."

Then Razor taps his shoulder.

"Traveler, the knight, worried? Smells different. Can you ask?"

James nods and turns to Lumine, "Addy, you need anything?"

The blonde girl is deep in her thoughts, mumbling something about dogs, dungeons, and goggles as she quickens her stacking. Before James can warn her, Addy's arm hits a lit candle, knocking it to the ground. James jumps and pulls Addy back and Razor pounces steps on the flames. Suddenly, the whole room shakes as dust fumes under the wolf statue. A secret tunnel rises from the ground again in front of a smug Traveler.

"This, is our showtime."

She steps right in as Razor investigates its side and James whips around.

"W-wait, didn't the others go the other way?" James asks.

"K, Paimon, is there a way to contact the others?" Addy opens her bag and the loli pokes out.

"Paimon told you before, not without Paimon's crown... Agh, if only there's something in Paimon's stomach!"

Addy closes her bag back with a devilish grin.

"So, no."

James looks at her doubtfully then exchange worried looks with Razor.

"Bennett and Gui are probably having fun now. C'mon, it's our turn!~" She twirls her ponytail and gasps mockingly, "We might even meet them on the way there up! Better than running circles, am I right or am I right?"

James was going to say something in defense when Razor dashes in and waves at him to follow.

Not him too!

Addy snickers and takes another step into the tunnel. James grimaces.

"W-Wait for me. I'll be right there!"

He runs to scratch something on the ground then comes back.

"Ok, I'm ready."

Together, James, Addy, and Razor enter the abyss's maw.

If only the had looked back, for one of the four rifthound portals was missing.