Chapter 5: Part XIII - In The Limelight

It's another busy day in Monstadt, with half of its sound made solely by 3 teens running around every nook and cranny of the city like a bunch of kids overdosed on sugar. They only briefly pause in between each sprint to chat with a fellow villager or wait for Chongyun to follow.

Felix, Addy, and James have decided that they're going to "scout" the whole area, saving the Favonius headquarters as the cherry on top and leaving the Adventurer's Guild last entirely on Felix's request. Addy and Felix will separate James with Gui, who Felix hopes will arrive in time. After James' encounter with Xingqiu as Chongyun, the guy needs a break. Huh, what a coincidence both Felix and Bennett, in a sense, have multiple dads...

Anyways, that doesn't include other NPCs!

The trip blasts off with Angel's Share, because who doesn't want to go to a fantasy tavern? (And because Addy hopes to meet a certain winery owner). Felix and James buy some colorful drinks on the kid's menu while Addy bargains with the bartender, who is unfortunately just a staff.

"By lore, I'm technically hundreds of years old!" Addy whines in the corner, and Felix hears the bartender laughs it off.

James looks up from his blue juice and asks, "How does Wolfhook Juice tastes like?"

"Hmm... purple."

"What?" James takes a sip. "Sounds about right."

They then climb some windmills and listen to some random bards under the Venti's statue (they tried to climb it but got some dirty looks from the nuns nearby). Next, the gang decides to visit the great Cathedral. Addy prepared Felix a script.

Felix runs down the wide hall to where a girl dressed in white is praying. "Hello Barbara," Felix says and takes her hand politely, an act coerced by Addy and protested by James. Wow, it's soft. "Thank you for healing my wounds all this time. You have also... healed my heart." Red blush blooms over Barbara's face and a chill climb up Bennett's spine. Before Barbara could sputter anything in reply, the gang speeds out of the place before another certain nun catches up to them.

Through the whole exploration cue, Bennett sure is busy.

"Good day, Bennett!"

"Careful, Bennett!"

Many villagers would call him, which would irritate Addy a bit and gladden

James as Felix stops and chats with them, giving the other guy much-needed breaks.

Halfway through their tour, they rest on top of the stairs next to the Anemo Archon statue. Addy, sitting to the right, whips out her apple cider, and James, to the left, takes a bite of his ice popsicle.

In the middle is Felix, drinking in the gorgeous sunny scenery. The sun is up high in the sky, illuminating the stone pavements and city walls that embrace the city in a protective envelope. He sighs.

"Man, it kinda sucks that G- I mean, you-know-who is missing out on this."

Addy gives an obnoxiously loud sip. "Ah, sure thing. But what can we do? He chose it upon himself."

Felix is going to argue that when he heard more pings of F and R points raining upon him. Most of them are from NPCs, but one catches his eyes...

<<— —>>

+2F point with Barbara

+5 Charisma

+1F point and +10R point with Rosaria...

<<— —>>

<<— —>>

New Achievement!