Chapter 6: Part XIX - A Wild Encounter

Out of it, a Bennett screams at the top of his lungs, running as fast as his legs can carry while lifting a Lumine in his left and a little red elf-girl in the right.

He screams-running for a very long time before realizing the threat is no more. He stops to take in that sweet, sweet breath of relief, then releases his luggage. Klee rolls out unscathed and waddles to a semi-conscious Lumine.

"Honorary knight, honorary knight!"

"Addy? Are you ok?"

"*Gasps* Aw... my head's a pain."

"Thank Barbatos!" He squeezes her into a hug too tight and she slaps his back to let her go.

"I'm—fine!... Somehow. You?"

"Yep! I'm aye-okay." He beams, and immediately collapses on his face.

"Shit!..." They huddle over him. "Ok, he's breathing. No apparent wounds. Delayed concussion? Klee, you have some food?"

The child hands over an apple cider juicebox and Addy gives it to him. Klee looks over worryingly.

"Will he be ok?"

"He's fine... I think."

Giving Bennett to Klee's care, Addy searches for the others.

After a while of shouting in the middle of the dank forest, she spies a pair of alarmed glowing cat-eyes.

"James! It's ok, it's me. ...Is that?" Addy gestures at Jame's other hand and he nods.

Swung over his shoulder is Gui, now battered up and scratched all over. Yikes, those might be 3rd degree burns on his arm right up to his back. She goes in to take the other arm and, while Gui grunts in disagreement, he lets her help James anyways.

"You ok?" James asks.

"Definitely better than you two."

Staggering and struggling, they finally return to Felix, who has since awakened and is snacking on some apple cider with Klee.

Felix sees them and quickly goes in to help. They lay Gui down beside a tree and Klee feeds him some apple cider. Finally safe, the rest of the comrades evaluate their situation.

Addy pumps her fists up.

"WooH! WE F——ING SURVIVED!!" she exclaims.

James looks at her questioningly.

"Right, right?" Felix continues, "Gui went like a pew, pew and you guys when kapow! And I went like..."

"Kaboom!" Klee adds as Gui coughs awake.

"Don't. Ever. Try that again," He coughs some more.

"But we survived!" Felix argues.

"Well, it was a close one," James adds. "But what happened there? I only saw an explosion and you guys flying out."

"...I'm not sure," Addy says and surveys her body. Not even a scratch. Compared that to Gui...

The boy in question growls as Felix tries to bandage him. "Just food is enough. And who said you can bring Kl–– Ow, ow, not the arms." Klee hands him another juicebox. "...She's ok."

"Look on the bright side!" Felix says. "We're all alive. We're all together, and now, we even have another DPS!"

"And this one don't constantly lose hp," Addy adds and Gui glares at her.

"Klee also says that the Abyss Mages might be hoarding some more treasure, too," Felix adds. "Right?"

"Yeah!" Klee explains, "The Abyss Mages said they lost some treasure. Klee bet that they must have a big stash of treasure at their base!"