Chapter 8: Part XXI - Breakfast Shenanigans

Last time on Genshin Isekai with Homies...

Felix, James, Gui, and Addy have slept through a campfire night in Wolvendom.

Each learned a new thing or two about the characters, or themselves, or the two.
And with some full tummies and a good sleep,

It is time to continue the journey!
--------------------------------------------------

The first thing that hits Felix is that it's a lovely morning, a dull yellow tent wall above him, breathing in the sunlight, humming the bird whistles outside. Then, back pain. Awful, widespread pain crawling up on all four of his limbs as the freezing night cramps take their toll through his thin sleeping bag. When that's under control, he slowly floats back to sleep-in some more... and the tent door tears open.

"Rise and shine!--" Addy beams as bright as the sunlight piercing through Felix's eye. "Gosh, you look like shit. I'll come back later."

"That's– ok. I was already up anyway." Felix straightens his back. "What's up?"

"Just saying I'm taking Klee out on a walk. I'll leave Paimon in your care." A small shout in the distance. "Okay! Bye~."

She leaves Felix blinking in a daze, hazy like his unkempt hair. Woken twice, he's stuck in that annoying stage of neither sleep nor awake. Felix shakes his head and scratches his back. He looks to the side and registers that Razor probably left early. So, he checks his status page, still broken. He wonders how much friendship points he has now. He yawns again. Then, he remembers.

"Bennett... sleep bad. Is there... how I can help?"

"I just... miss my dads I guess."

Razor makes an affirmative huff, crawls into a dog sleeping pose, and lays his head on Bennett's lap.

Felix feels his face burning deep lava hot right now 'cause,

Oh Flipping Archons, what?

He covers his face and rolls back into his sleeping bag because f–k Venti, the R in RPG is turning into Romance too fast! Alright, He has to go out, find Razor, and clear that mess up ASAP before Addy ever knows–

But what time is it?

He quickly scrambles outside, slips on the wet grass, and half-crash-half-slides across the camp.

A foot of a figure in white nearly misses his face groggily bends out of the opposite tent.

"Good morn,'" James yawns and jumps back. "...You okay?"

"Nope, nope, I'm ok," Felix jumps up, somehow instantly covered head to toe in mud. He thanks the other. Wait, James just woke?

"Where's everyone? I only know Gui's out first," James asks.

"Addy's with Klee. And Razor's out too."

"Addy? This early? Good grief. Am I dreaming?"

They both laugh knowingly. After some thinking, the hot and cold duo decide to pass time by preparing the cooking pot for breakfast. They just have to light it up first.

Felix grabs some flint and steels out when he sees James staring expectantly. These are too normal, would it? To his pride, Felix puts those tools back in and summons his sword. He closes his eyes and inhales deeply, trying to reach his inner badassery. He clenches his hold as he feels the rush of fire burning through.

After all this time, all those adventurers, he could do it! He is Bennett afterall.

Felix swings his sword out in a mighty arc