Chapter 10: Part XXIV - Recovery

Last time on Genshin Isekai with Homies...

Just when Felix, Gui, James, and Addy thought they've found Paimon's crown, an artifact to unlock their passage home, they encounter an enemy never added to the game: Abyssal Rifthounds.

By Felix hasty sacrifice and brought back by an egg,

They exit the domain.

-----------------------------
Also, also, checkout "Welcome to the Plateau" by MetaGiga on Ao3
It's work inspired by this fic! (more fics with similar premise, yay! \( ˶ˆᗜˆ˵ )/ )
-----------------------------

In a blink of an eye, Felix is sucked back into dazzling light.

Felix coughs as his back slams onto the muddy ground just as a blonde girl splashes into a puddle next to him. They both gulp in sweet, sweet breaths underneath the barely shining sun, especially Felix, as he braces for a lecture from Addy. Ah, she's looking at him and inhales.

There she goes.

"Don't, you, do thateveragain!- Oh god, don't look down."

Felix looks down and regrets immensely. Let's just say his legs look like they should be on a barbeque stand rather than something you should be standing on. His knees falter and he lands on his hands.

"Hold on, I'll get som'." Addy rummages through her bag and Felix raises a shaky thumbs-up.

"It's ok, I-I-, my hands are fine~" Felix tries to chuckle.

Ding! Goes pings in his head distracting him from entering his inventory as multiple Regret points roll down from Razor and Klee. Oh no.

"Bennett!"

"Bennyyy!"

"Is everyone ok?! Gui's not here yet, Addy, Felix? Felix! Are you ok??"

The sun barely shining through the Dadupa Gorge cliffs dwarfs as a crowd steers their way from Addy to Felix. A scared Razor, a worried Klee, and a hot-red Chongyun.

Razor clasps Klee's eyes before she gets any closer and James shakes Felix in the air by the shoulders.

"Dude, stay with us!!"

"James- I- I'm ok! Are you guys ok? You're all heated up!" James' face is still scarred with the wolve-spit faded purple stripes! He pulls James' arm away and the latter stares dazedly at him. Then, he turns embarrassed and quickly searches his inventory for something icy to calm down.

"C'mon guys, let him breathe." Addy pushes the friends over and hands Felix an apple. He thanks her quickly munches it up and sighs. He watches curiously as new skin forms over the wound. Right, only exiting the "Abyss" abyss counts for full regeneration. They should be more careful next time...

A chill runs down his spine as the cave behind them gurgles out something. He whips and finds a green shadow looms overhead. Angry dark stains cover the Yaksha, eyes bloodshot, marching towards them.

"Explain."

Felix gulps. He's so f—

-----------------------------

"...So you're saying that we're too WEAK to HANDLE?! You're Attack's S—"

"Gui, we have a child here," James says as he plays with Klee. They're trying to help Razor set up some pots, but the wolf guy pulls the pot away from him.

"...sucks."

"Aw~ I'm mature enough to handle tea!" Klee whines, kicking her feet in a corner.

"It is their talk, not ours," Razor shoots a look at James.