Chapter 8: Part XXII - Wolf of the North

The crew walks down the Wolvendom huge mountains to a massive colosseum, dug into the crevices of the hill by a powerful force. Felix crawls down its jagged walls to meet the rest of his friends, crowding around a ghostly sword planted in the ground.

"Stay put okay? I'll tell you when you'll come in," Addy requests Klee and the child nods firmly. Addy then runs back to the others.

Razor reaches his hand onto the sword's hilt.

"Ready?" Gui asks and they all nod. Razor's glove brushes on the steel, and a howl thunders from a wolf-like gate.

<<Traveler... Ready to test your skills?">>

A mist seeps out of the gate and the whole stadium plunges into a storm. Felix gasps out a cloud of cold fog as mystical fireflies fly past him, converging in front of the group in the form of a giant beast of fur and claw.

Andrius, the Wolf of the North, howls, rocking the ground.

Felix feels like squeeing inside now that the once in-game mini-boss is in front of him! He's so majestic and cool and— towering over them. Wait, they're not fighting him too, right?

A chill shocks up his legs and Felix sees the ground below them frosting up.

"Run out!" He yells and a bolt of iced fur slams on them.

Felix leaps out in the nick of time, a piece of Bennett's scarf sliced off by those claws.

"We're here to talk! Tell him!" Addy yells to Razor and the Lord of Wolves. She dodges a snap of his mighty jaws. Those teeth clang onto Razor's claymore.

Felix finally skids to a stop as Xiao zips past him into a backflip slash, knocking the wolf's face off the claymore. He merely winces, immune to Anemo, and growls.

<<Why have you brought a foreign one, young pup?>>

Razor shifts the claymore in his hand uneasily and Felix realizes Andrius is staring at Gui, aka Xiao, a Liyuen spirit. He also figures: wolves are very, very territorial.

Andrius claws at them again, now with both his claws. Thankfully, they missed.

"My friends, they need help!" Razor shouts.

<<Prove your request>> Andrius snarls at Bennett.

The wolf dashes in and Gui zips away. Andrius whips around and James rushes in for a blow of ice, but the frost wolf nimbly dodged it, unaffected by the cold. James' claymore screeches at the blow from Andrius' mighty claws.

Andrius hears scratching from his hind as Addy and Felix finally dish out some damage to his legs.

"Eat this! Starfall!"

A meteor crashes into the wolf's head, stunning him.

Felix shares a high five with Addy, but not for long. The wolf shakes the dust off and growls at them. His crystal eyes say he's finally had enough. He howls.

The blizzard returns, slithering from the sides of the colosseum into a twisting fortress around them. They pulse a turquoise green gleam, full of Anemo energy. The wind bursts out from the center, revealing Andrius in a brighter, bigger form, as tall as the colosseum walls. Armored and ready, he smirks at his challengers.

W-where is the dog running part? He just skipped a whole boss moveset! He's cheating!

Felix, finally following the new patterns of the boss, rushes in, but a green hand blocks him.

"Stay back. I'll handle this."

"I can take this."

"Then ult! Or go take care of Klee."