Chapter 3: Part VII - Wangshu Inn

Cover is from "Wangshu Inn - Rest your Heads, Ye weary Travelers" by CorEagle on Reddit
-----

"Hello!" greets the woman with golden hair behind the Wangshu Inn counter. "Oh! A returning customer, welcome back. With companions, too, I see. Oh! And welcome back, Chongyun! We have no apparitional commissions as of yet."

Addy strolls forward and rests her arm on the smooth tabletop.

"I'd like a 2 room with duo bed each for a one-night reservation please."

"Yeah! Wait, two?" Felix sputters, "W-Who's in your room?"

"Well, Me and Paimon in one," gesturing to the flying companion, "and you 3 boys gotta make do with the other. My world, my money." She grins at her friends' horrified faces.

"In that case, it'll be 10,500 mora." Hmm, not bad, but let's make it better, Addy thinks.

"But we're Xiao's guests!" Addy yanks Gui, who was hiding behind James.

"Are you really going to use me as a leverage?" he whispers into Addy's ear. The hostess glances at Gui and a light giggle escapes her smile. Gui blushes and zips away.

"I see that you have gained the favor of the adeptus. Well then, as our honoured guests, I'll grant your request, complemented with breakfast, free of charge."

"Thank you~"

In the game, the Wangshu Inn is a landmark on the southern end of Dihua Marsh, a small section of land at the entrance of Liyue. By the size of it, the establishment is more akin to a hotel than an "inn". Travelers from far and wide also praise it for its good food and amazing views, for standing firm on a huge rock and ancient tree, one can see from its tower the whole Liyue and beyond. Alas, Genshin Impact is still a mobile game, and so the 3d model throws away many details: the hotel has no doors to any room and little to no walking space other than the balcony and the kitchen. The devs had probably made the right choice.

The building seems to play tricks on the eye as the crew follows Verr Goldet down a hallway that didn't exist before and could not possibly fit. Lit by the Chinese chandeliers above, each room's door is decorated with intricate unique little markings that would blow up any potato phone. Their rooms are on the 3rd highest floor of the Inn, but thankfully, there is a working elevator to it. Unlike the smaller rooms below with barely a few steps between the rooms, the doors on their floor are yards apart. The hostess leaves and the rest of the group accompany Addy to her room first.

After Addy shuts in her door, Gui speaks,

"You two can stay in for the night. I... need to breathe."

"Hey, you sure 'bout that?" James objects. "You can deck my bed and I'll take the floor."

"I don't feel sleepy. Really." James still looks worried. "...And the moon outside is beautiful. I want to see it before we go home."

"I'll leave the window open."

"And I'll leave the doors open if company's you want!" Felix beams. "Hey! Where are you going?"

Never minding the grumpy friend, Felix jumps onto his hotel bed, sinking into its heavenly embrace. Apparently, their rooms turn out to be suites with a full-on living room, a wide balcony, and even separate bedrooms. He wouldn't mind bunking with his friends, though they did complain about his snores sometime ago... Nah, he must've remembered it wrong. James ends up with his own room on the other side and Felix chooses the one near the living room. Felix throws his goggles to the side and hits his head on the pillows. They're so much softer and fancier than his bed at home. And this bedroom alone can hold his whole apartment unit!