Chapter 5: Part XIV - Wing It

3 pairs of eyes lock on the black furball in front of them, walking nonchalantly toward the fish.

"Yes, that's it..."

The cat looks left and right.

"Closer..."

It gently lays down its precious ball of string and nibbles the fish.

"That's it..."

Addy crawls behind it... and pounces! The cat blinks to the side and scrambles away.

"After it!-" She hurls over. "Aw, food cramps."

"My turn! Geronimo!"

"How did you get up there?!?"

The cat veers away and a Bennet crashes on Lumine.

"I'll get it! Spirit blade, I summon thee!" a wall of ice bursts from the swing of Chongyun's sword, blocking the cat's path. It double-jumps over.

"Argh! James, give me a push- No! Don't go in yet Addy!"

Meteors smash into the nearby stall to the left and a little higher in a building to the right. Lumine hops on them and launches herself towards the feline, grazing its whiskers. She crashes into some cabbage stall.

"Not my cabbages!"

"Sorry!"

"I lost it!"

"Felix, follow that way. Addy-"

"I'll go right!"

"Oh, I'll take left!"

-----------------------------

Felix returns back again to the main plaza, panting and his chest burning. He wipes his forehead as he scans the place, but it seems that he has lost both the cat and the others. Both Venti and Margaret are no longer here too... to be expected.

Felix continues. He peers into the fountain, nope. He shakes the bushes, nope. He looks beneath the Goodhunter's tables, not there either. He moves onto the other side where Timaeus's Alchemy Workshop is. While examining the crafting table (which he has no idea how to operate), a flash of red pokes out of the corner of his eyes. A little girl is bouncing in front of the workshop door. Her big red backpack sways side to side, flaunting a white rabbit doll. Her pointy ears twitch in anticipation, then droops.

"Aw... Big bro is busy again..."

"Klee?" But she's not in Jean's story quest?!

"Huh? Oh, hi Bennett! What are you finding today? Can Klee join?"

Do old quests get updated? He'll go with the flow then.

"Today I'm helping Margaret find her lost kitty. It's reaally important because it stole a bard's string!"

Klee gasps.

"What a bad kitty! Jean told me that stealing is a bad, bad, thing. Stealing makes people sad! Do not worry, the Spark Knight is here!"

"But it's too dangerous. Klee will get hurt."

She puts her hand around her hip and lifts her chin.

"I play with Diona all the time! Klee knows all the secret techniques to catch kitties!"

"Um..."

"Please?~" Klee makes the biggest puppy eyes Felix has ever seen. The one that makes all wars in the world stop and rainbows shine as everyone unites to hug and protect this precious little bean at all costs. Felix clears his throat and calms his intuition that screams child-welfare concerns.