Chapter 2: Part 4 - Ruined Troubles Part 2

Cover is from "Genshin Impact dungeon" by Calypsoup on imgur
-----

Their footsteps echo along the strangely empty hallways. Normally, they should've encountered a couple more battles, but Felix ain't gonna complain about that.

Felix whistles as he follows Gui, leading as always, when he hears James chant again.

"Are you afraid?" Addy, the last in line, asks.

"No, I just saw this in some Martial Arts movie. And the fighting manual said something about Chongyun actually being able to exorcise spirits. Do you think they're real here? If they are, no harm in being over-prepared! Heart be pure, evil be erased. Mind be purged, world be... Um... Ugh, I always forget that last part." All the while, Chongyun does some motions, with ice materializing around his hands.

Felix glimpses at him and imitates the motions. He could feel some light hotness and his palms glow, along with his vision. Sadly, no flame yet.

They have entered a large, dank room with no other doors. The ceiling is double, no, triple the height of all rooms before. It reminds him of the gym at his school if all the pillars are replaced with giant, broken robots. Sprinkled throughout are some red barrels, and in the middle of the room lays a fat pillar with corals on top.

"Felix," Gui says. "Check the specs. What's left?"

Felix takes out the map. "This must be the last room, but we haven't found any treasure," he groans on the last note.

"We shouldn't take any anyway. We're just on a commission, remember!" James says.

"What's the fun in that then?' Addy cuts off.

"Kya, kya, kya, fun for us, humans!" A shrill voice echoes in the room and the gang immediately summon their weapons.

Particles gather in front of them, one white, the other blue. After a loud squeak, 2 abyss mages appear.

"Prepare for trouble!" The blue one poses.

The white one mirrors. "And make it double!"

"To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all people within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Wasser!" The hydro one declares.

"Gelu!" The cryo one proclaims.

"Chanters Clan blasts off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

The gang claps. James licks another popsicle while Felix takes a bite out of the old one.

"Were you peasants listening??"

Addy throws away her apple core and reaches for another. "Go on."

"You-you, fools . Die!!" Both of the abyss mages blast a burst of light upwards, and the door behind them slams shut. All at once, hilichurls to the likes that no in-game ram could possibly handle pops out from the red mist.

The gang quickly stands up and enters the field. Felix hacks at the ax-wielding mitachurls alongside Chongyun's icy dance. Addy smashes a group of archers with her meteor, and Gui leaps off them to pound the hilichurls below. Yet with every cut and every slash, another two would pop out in another corner's cloud of mists.

Felix catches someone shouting, "I'll finish this!" He almost misses Gui zipping right through the horde, straight to the duo mages.

"Let's see~," they say as Xiao zooms in closer. "Duck, duck..." Balls of ice and water form in their hands. "...Goose!" An inch in front of their shield, Xiao freezes.