Chapter 6: Part XVIII - Double the Trouble!

"Let go of her!" Addy yells behind.

"Teeheehee, Cuddle Cousins are parading Klee!"

"Mr. Cuddles are bad guys!" James yells.

Klee gasps. "Cuddle Cousins are Bad Guys?" She flails her hands. "Oh no, let Klee down~"

"They're actually bad!...whatever."

A loud boom pass through Addy as Gui zips to the abyss mages. They screech in terror and frantically scrape their wands on the ground. A light appears and Xiao slams into it.

"Ack! Force fields??"

"Oh no!" Paimon's voice says as slimes suddenly pops out from everywhere. "The slimes are popping everywhere! Travelers need to defeat them first!"

"There's no time!" Addy shouts, blocking a squishy assault.

"I'll handle this!"

The wind roars around them and with a brilliant flash of green light, slimes splashes into mush. The force field falls. Addy laughs proudly. You can't beat Xiao!

"Huh?!" The cryo abyss mage whips around.

"You brats!" The hydro one squawks.

"Quick! Make more!"

The cryo one takes Klee in its arms, allowing the hydro one to furiously scratch its wand on the ground. Even more slimes spring forward. Is this all they've got? Lumine takes down one, Chongyun cleans others, and Xiao deletes the rest.

The abyss mages screech in rage. The cryo one shoves Klee to its partner and plunges its wand down.

"Eat this!"

"Huh- but your wand!" The hydro one cries.

"Let's go!"

They put on max speed as the earth shakes! Addy rushes forward but James pulls her back. The ground splits and bursts forth a fountain of colors. It's raining slimes!

"Where are these coming from?" Gui yells, swiping away another small cryo slime. He turns and a pyro slime scorches his back. Even the great Xiao can't one-shot them fast enough.

This can't be good. Addy sees the Abyss Mages going further into the woods. They'll lose Klee soon!

She looks at Bennett, who's struggling underneath a pile of slime. Without Bennett's ult, they're dead meat. She runs to him, trying to pull him out but gets electro-shocked by a slime. Nope. She turns to the last of their comrades.

"James! What's your plan?"

He stops mid-swing and touches his ears, lighting his cat eyes up. Through them, he sees tons of wisps flowing through cracks in the earth, pulsing and circling from the wand.

"Destroy the wand! It'll stop the swarm!" He yells.

"But how do we get over the wall?" Felix yells back, Addy finally clawed his head out.

Felix feels a menacing presence and swivels to find Xiao behind him. Gui yanks him up easily into the air.

"This will hurt a bit... Whirlwind Thrust!"

Wham! A powerful kick punctures Felix's back and a Bennett flies over. He lands perfectly on the wand, cracking it. Like falling glass, the force field crumbles. Finally , they can continue their pursuit.

"Submit for judgment!" James slams his claymore, sending forth a wall of ice.

"Drop!" Addy summons meteors on their foes.

The abyss mages veer around the wall of ice and throws Klee over the incoming rocks. They continue running unscathed, cackling. In due time, the wind claps very loudly and they inhale sharply. Gui zips over to the abyss mages, hands reaching for Klee. They screech and separate, throwing Klee around like a beach ball.

"Again, again!" she giggles.

"Hit them!" Addy, still way behind, shouts to Gui as he reaches and misses the kid again.

"The Swirl would hit Klee!" He yells back. Suddenly, the abyss mages take a  sharp turn and Xiao goes crashing into a nearby tree. The mages cackle in glee and start summoning another portal.

The wind starts to blow very hard as a ripple in space and time appears in front of the abyss mages. Addy recalls it similar to Paimon's entrance.

"They're teleporting away for real!".

Felix spots one of Addy's meteor explodes and he gets an idea.

"Addy! Send me a meteor!"

A rock slams in front of him and he jumps on it.

"Now, James, hit me!"

James swings his sword as hard as he can and Bennett flies on his rock surf-board towards the abyss mages. Addy sees that and follows.

"Sick! Me too!"

Addy jumps onto another meteor rock and James swings his claymore into a homerun.

At the same time, Gui shakes his head and leaps back into action. So now there's 2 human bullets, an adepti bazuka, and a tanking zooming towards the Abyss mages. The Abyss mages shrieks and their hands blur as they desperately finish their teleport ritual.

A loud poof sounds and a purple space rips through the air as the friends reaches the Abyss Mages. Felix grabs Klee's backpack,, and her Dodoco falls out.

Bennett + bomb =

"Travelers watch out!"

A fire breaks through the landscape. A very, very big ball of fire. So big that it catches the eye of a winery owner, a bard, and even a hermit sipping osmanthus wine in Liyue.

---

SHIELD PERMISSION REQUESTED

DENIED: ENERGY OVERCHARGE PREDICTED.
SYSTEM MAY BE EJECTED.

->FORCE PERMISSION

SHIELD INITIATED
30%
WARNING: ENERGY USAGE OVERLOAD
52%
WARNING: ENERGY USAGE OVERLOAD
65%....

WARNING: ENERGY USaGE OV3R]O@d#
...

System Disconnected

---------------------------------

[][][] Congratulations!
Flashback completed - 100%

'Event' Recollected [][][]...