Chapter 1: Extra - Gui | Xiao

Upon the highest tree branch, Gui watches as James strolls away towards the camp of grown-ups. Did he really agree with this? No, but it is in their best interest if they are to go home. But this is the guy who fainted moments ago!

In the real world, Addy would be the one handling most of these confrontations. Why didn't she go instead? He peers down to the girl in question, who is posing with her sword and laughing with Bennett. No, she's too eager to fight. He would like to be in James' place instead, but what if they recognize the Yaksha? The clear blood-stains on his clothes don't help his appearance any better.

That moment he gets lost in thought, he hears a commotion from the camp. He returns his gaze and finds James surrounded! He grips the tree hard.

"Hey," Felix whispers behind him. "Can you move? I wanna see!"

"There's many branches for a reason." Gui squints and spots a large man heading straight towards James.

"Can you move, please?~ I still can't see from there." The gorilla is now right in hands' reach of James!

Gui looks at his glove, embedded with the glowing green gem. He might not have a weapon, but his speed should be enough. He crouches down to take flight when a hand grabs his ankle.

"It's my turn now! Let me see!" Felix barely balances himself on the nearby, lower branch.

"What? Get off! You're too heav-" A loud sickening crack echo inside the tree, and the branch pops off.

Both come crashing down, with Felix unfortunately at the bottom.

"Hey, what are you guys doin- Really? This quick in the game?" Mocks Addy.

"You-" Gui backflips up and holds up his hand when he realizes, "Take cover!" He whooshes backward, dragging his companions to the tree's safety. He hopes that the gorilla man near James won't catch their accident.

He peeks back.

Huh, James and the big man are talking pleasantly. They exchange some papers. And with his usual bow, James leaves and casually strolls back to the tree.