Chapter 9: Part XXIII - Trial by Fire Part 1

Last time on Genshin Isekai with Homies...

Felix, James, Gui, and Addy discovered that Paimon's crown, needed in their quest to go home, went missing!
So, with the help of Razor, Klee, and the trusty local Wolf, they sniffed to clues to Dadupa Gorge.

Pumped by Felix's speech, they walk into the domain crack.
-----------------------------
Felix sneezes. He stepped across the glistening void into a soggy, muddy cave, quite a contrast to the big dungeon they went on earlier. He adjusts Bennett's goggles on his head, distracting himself from the sound of dripping water along the cramped cave walls. He eyes the archaic rocks on the floor with interest, wondering how such concrete pillars exist in a world without skyscrapers. Anyhow, unlike Azhdaha's domain entrance just a dip below the surface, they seem to have popped into some corridor deep underground. He rubs his nose as he could just smell the adventure awaits!

And adventure smells like fire and wet gym socks. He whips around. And thankfully, it's not him!

The void gurgles again and spits out the rest of the crew. Addy pounces out in front... only to meet a howling wind. The domain entrance is, of course, empty.

"Yah, when we're ready, this happens," Addy sighs and Gui chuckles in his throat, brushing past her.

"Uh... guys, why is there a door behind us?" Felix whips behind James. Right, didn't they pass a broken hole? Gui pulls on the domain door's handle.

"It's locked..." He squints at the air. "...Abandon Challenge?"

"Domains are spaces that exist in their own pockets of the space-time continuum," Paimon pops her head out of Addy's bag, having nestled in as home. "Often, they are regions created and reigned by powerful entities—"

"Skip to the part where we kapow and open stuff," Addy pats the loli's head and she ruffles up.

"Paimon's getting there! Ahem, However, their glories diminish through time, and now exists as mere challenges for daring adventures like Travelers! Lying deep in these domains are dangerous monsters and juicy, juicy rewards... and Paimon's crown of course! May Travelers work hard!"

<<— —>>

EMERGENCY Main Quest Added:

La Lost Corona

Find Paimon's crown.

Rewards: Return of the Main Quest and other Shop features.

<<— —>>

"Sheesh, ok, we get it." Addy quickly swipes her electronic card away.

"Woooah! Check this out!" Felix runs to the wolf statues guarding what seems to be a huge doorway. Klee eagerly follows, climbing onto the statue as Felix helps lifts her up.

"Stay alert, we don't know how many corridors we're going to go through before we find that crown," James says and Gui nods approvingly.

"Wow! The statue eyes light up if you use electro!" James immediately teleports over and Gui looks betrayed. Addy snickers.

"Anyone have a Kamera with them?" Felix waves to her.

"Hmm, nope. Hey Klee! Come over here! There's a hole here and I think only you can go through." Addy pokes to another angle.

"There's some more broken pieces here too!" Felix gestures to a nodding Razor.

The friends hop to the various attractions across the room, causing the only adult in the room to groan.

"Guys, this is supposed to be a domain, not a theme park." Gui resists the urge to face-palm.

Someone gasps, "Oh shit! There's a luxurious chest here!"