Chapter 5: Part XII - Gale of Freedom

Last time on Genshin Isekai with Homies...

Felix, James, Gui, and Addy have visited Liyue, the Land of Contracts, in search of clues.
Through some unexpected counter with Xingqiu, their trail leads to Mondstadt, the Land of Freedom.
But due to warp-sickness, Gui has left the party in favor of speeding over with Xiao.

The wind is picking up!
-----------------------------

Somewhere in Mondstadt, a fire breaks out.

Out of it, a Bennett screams at the top of his lungs, running as fast as his legs can carry while lifting a Lumine in his left and a little red elf-girl in the right.

"How did it end up like this???"

-----------------------------

[][][] 1 day before 'event.' Time: Before Dawn [][][]...

Up on a statue of a dear friend, a bard sang songs of a time long passed. He overlooked the sleepy town as the rising wind tickled his blue braids that fluttered along with the melody. Suddenly, a purple clap thundered from a far, far place, and he snapped his lyre. There the Abyss Order goes again, he thought, scrunching up his face in distaste. The bard pulled out his trusty ball of spare strings.

Suddenly, the sky crackled out like a horribly tuned microphone. The bard winced and clasped his head. His ball of string fell.

~~~~

THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM THE HEAVENLY PRINCIPLES TO BARBATOS.

PLEASE STANDBY. PLAYERS WILL ARRIVE IN YOUR DOMAIN SOON.

~~~~

With just as a painful screech, the announcement dropped and the sky cleared again. The bard looked down at his lyre. Still sadly broken.

Already? The old wind had not yet passed and new ones formed quadruple. They would arrive in his domain soon, too. He put his lyre back in his pocket and glided down the statue with a graceful touch. There are more important things to play. He should go greet them... after he fixes his lyre. He turned around and saw a black cat. In its mouth, his ball of strings.

<<— —>>

~~New Chapter Loading~~

Chapter Loading Successful!

~~Initiating~~

Song of the Little Red Wolf

<<— —>>

[][][] 1 day before. Time: Late Morning [][][]...

The villagers walk through and fro, minding their own business. Some bards are singing, some tipsy people are staggering, many folks are chatting, and the birds happily peck their brunch around the plaza when a heavenly sound buzzes from a nearby silver-blue structure. A boy comes rolling out, bounces off the railing, and plops into the water fountain below.

Felix shakes his head and empties his goggles. No wonder Gui would decline to teleport again. Slapping the water out of his ears and spitting out some coins(?), he pops back up and absolutely beams.

If Pearl Harbor's grand, orderly buildings represent its upright Archon, Morax, the Lord of Contracts, Mondstadt is a city that captures its ex-Archon, Barbatos, the Lord of the Wind, perfectly.

The whole medieval town caresses the breeze with its red roofs, painted brightly as the sun shining on the autumn fields. Felix yearns to run and climb up the different manors and row houses, each a bit tweaked and lopsided, seemingly built layer upon layer by the whims of each generation to stand the playful winds that blow through the curvy stone alleyways all around. And look at those majestic windmills! He waves at them. Felix still can't get over the fact that now they're in the game, everything is huge!