Don't Look Back

Chosen prompt in this post: https://joviewinchester.tumblr.com/post/660902046898225152/october-2021-writing-challenge
Prompt 1: Haunted House 
_____

A group of teens approach an old house, not too old that it is completely broken down and falling onto of people. Not yet anyways. The group come upon the house, having noticed this place and the lack of people coming to the place. "What do you think we'll find in there?" One of them pipes up, leading the charge to the inner of the house. The door being cracked upon just a smidge. Enough to lure curious souls inside.

"Probably just boring items and dusty furniture."

"Hah! You're funny, c'mon. Let's head in shall we?" The teen says with a playful tone, pulling the door open with a dramatic gesture.

The sound of the door upon opening is creaky and very old sounding, you know the kind. But if you don't, its reminiscent of dull groaning.

"Oh my- That sounds like it'll break any second." One from the back of the small group jokes, trying to lighten it up. "Let's go!" Said teen charges forth, similar to the one that opened the way in to this place. This place of memories and past knowledge. A house.

The teens wander about, gazing upon the aged floors and walls and exploring the rooms that were kept away for who knows how long. That is until,

they find it.

A room that's locked. Of course, this is where most think: Let's find a key! Not this group, they break down the door. It's old enough anyways.

The room is an odd one for sure, split down the center of it is one side full of black furniture, walls, and floor. The other is all white, everything the same.

"Freaky" One of the group notes, walking into the room. "Someone must have been.. I dunno." The group ventures in, taking the whole environment and basking in it. Curious little ones.

It doesn't take long for them to find that this place is basically the same as the other rooms. And then they leave. What they didn't see were the figures, watching them from their seats.