9: Move On

----------

----------

Hermione never really understood or experience a heartbreak, nor did she really believe the concept of it. But now? Hell, she'd give anything in the world to stop experiencing such a thing.

Not even a week passed, and she already started wondering how much more of this could she possibly handle. The constant sobs, her bedsheet now stained with a mix of mascara and tears. The way she longed for the familiar touch, the comforting words from a certain person.

She knew she needed to move on, but that's just easier said than done. So what was her solution? A replacement. How hard could it possibly be?

And that's where we are right now, the Astronomy Tower were Y/N always used to take Hermione out for date nights. Oh, the things she'd do to go back to those days.

Hermione appreciated Ron's little effort, but it wasn't enough to her. She didn't feel the spark between them. She didn't feel butterflies in her stomach when he cracked a joke. She didn't feel her heart flutter, like how it used to everytime she heard Y/N's melodious laugh.

"Erm...do you like he stars?" queried Ron after a long moment of silence.

"I love the stars." answered Hermione, surprisingly wearing a small smile. "Because they always light up my darkness. I love the one and only star, in my own night sky." she mumbled.

But oh, where was her star when she needed it the most? She began to recall memories, how she giggled as Y/N twirled her under the moonlight sky. Oh how happy she was, how the girl always found a way to make Hermione's life feel magical.

But now? Hermione looked out of the window only to see two familiar figures swaying under the harsh night sky.

"Is it so bad to want something you can't have?" asked Hermione in barely a whisper, gazing down at Y/N and Jennie, seeing giggles and laughter leaving their lips.

"Why don't you just work to make it yours?" suggested Ron with a shrug.

"Unfortunately, I don't think any amount of work would allow me to be loved by the person I want." mumbled Hermione under her breath.

Her heart constricted badly as she looked down at the platinum-haired girl then glanced up at the stars in the night sky, oh how dull they now looked compared to Y/N.

"I want to be your moon," whispered Hermione as she watched Y/N, though the platinum-haired girl only looked at Jennie, twirling her around playfully. "But I can't be if you keep looking at the stars."

"I know you're my right person. But I guess I can only love you from afar."

----------