Chapter 10

Yujin's POV

Another week has passed, and all the tests have been done. Now all I need to do is get ready for the chemotherapy that they're going to put me through. I also have a new doctor, Dr Kang. She's really nice and even gives me lollipops from time to time. I feel like a kid whenever she comes to check on me even though I'm 18. Apparently, she loves to eat desserts and I think she probably has an obsession over it. Especially cake. Weird doctor, but I'm starting to like her.

I laid down on the hospital bed and gazed at the ceiling, inhaling all the scents you get when you're in the hospital. It has also been another week since I've talked to Minju. I only ever reply to her messages telling her I'm fine. If there's one thing about her you guys have to know, she tends to overthink things too much and always thinks that everything is her fault.

There was once we went ignoring each other for a whole month because we each thought we're mad at each other when in reality there's nothing to be mad about. That's probably how we are. We're...weird. And I'm thinking this is exactly what's happening right now. She thinks I'm mad at her for some apparent reason. But I hope she isn't that dumb to realize that there's no way I'll be mad at her and not go to school for a whole two weeks.

I picked up my phone and scrolled through the messages. I've also told Yena and Yuri about the whole thing, keeping them updated about whatever is going on with me. They promised to help me keep this from Minju for now until I have the certainty that I'm going to be alright, and to make sure she's fine too.

Minju: Where are you?

Minju: Why aren't you answering my calls?

Minju: Ahn Yujin!

Minju: Yah!

Minju: You're reading this!

Yujin:
I'm all good, don't worry about me.

My phone started buzzing while I set it aside and let it ring out, putting my arm over my eyes. I know I shouldn't be ignoring her and not telling her anything, but I don't want her to know about this whole thing and see me in this pathetic and vulnerable state even though she has been through a lot with me. She cries easily and I don't want to see her cry, I hate seeing that when I know she'll probably be crying because of me. I've also told my mom and dad not to tell her anything. They know Minju since we've been friends for a really long time. She's almost like a second daughter to them.

I...have also told my parents about my tiny little secret about liking girls. I'm glad they were fine with it as long as I get better. I've also told them it was Minju, and they understood why I want to keep this from her. But I don't know whether they'll tell her. Parents almost never listen...maybe sometimes. But I still love them nevertheless.

Yena's POV

The news was sad, almost depressing...it is depressing. Our dear friend and puppy have been admitted to the hospital and probably won't be coming back any sooner from what she told us. Us as in Yuri and I. She specifically told me not to tell Minju anything. I even went to the point and lied that Yujin went to her aunty's house in Busan which is three hours away from Seoul when in reality, she has no aunty in Busan. I don't know if Minju realizes that. I don't think she will, in my opinion, she's slow-witted.

Now, Yuri and I are on the way to the hospital Yujin told us she was at—Seoul National University Hospital. Minju didn't really question us on anything but lately, I've noticed how her mood has been descending. She isn't that lively Minju she was when Yujin still came to school. I've come to wonder, why hasn't Minju tried going straight to her house to check yet? I mean, if I were her and my best friend isn't coming to school for a whole two weeks, the first thing I'd do is to go to her house and check on her before anything else. Maybe she thinks it's rude to just barge into someone's house without permission or come unannounced.