Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, telling me it was time to get ready for class. I grabbed my phone to shut off the alarm, but it was barely 3 AM, and I was getting a call from Chase.

I lied back down and answered. "Chase, where are you?"

"Hey Ally, can you pick me up? I'm at a pub a few minutes away." His words were dragging, giving me the expression that he was drunk off his arse.

"Why the hell are you even drinking? We have class in a few hours!" I listened through his argument, although it didn't really help him much, considering he was saying stupid things. "Fine, I'll be there in 20 minutes." I got up and put on my black Aeropostale sweater, grabbing the keys to a car I had bought a few days ago.

This wasn't like him. Of course, we both had our share of drinks once in a while, but we never got even close to drunk, especially on school nights. We both knew how important our education was and how each little thing can impact our futures, but I guess he was choosing to take risks. I would take risks once in a while, but not risks like being at a pub with some people that I had met the day before.

I was about to turn on the ignition when there was a tap at my window. I jumped and turned, only to find Conor. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

He yawned and scratched the back of his head. I could tell he was even more tired than me. "I couldn't sleep, so I went out for a walk."

"It's like 30 degrees! Why would you even be outside right now?"

"I could ask you the same thing, love." Shit, he got me.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door so I could stand in front of him. "Chase called. He wants me to pick him up at some pub in who knows where."

"Do you want me to go with you? I mean, to show you where it is. I think I know which pub he might be in."

"No, it's okay. You seem even more tired than me. I'll find it on my own."

"Please." He took my hand and stopped me from getting into my car. "It's dangerous for a girl like you to be out at this time."

"A girl like what?"

"Beautiful." Um, what?

I felt myself blush, trying to stop, but I soon figured that my cheeks had turned bright red. "Just because you're sweet, and you know the place, okay." I smiled as he got into the car. "But you're paying for lunch later."

He chuckled a bit and fastened his seatbelt. "Whatever. As long as you drive carefully. I don't want my parents to get a call saying I died in a really bad car accident because a girl couldn't keep her eyes on the road."

I then noticed that I was already driving, and I was looking at Conor the whole time. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. It's just..."

"I know. It's difficult to keep your eyes off of me." He winked and got comfortable.

"I just met you and you're already coming on to me? Concon baby, don't forget that I have a boyfriend."

"Concon? How original."

I rolled my eyes and continued driving, listening to my Ed Sheeran CD. I soon pulled up to the pub, finding Chase outside waiting for me.

I walked outside and grabbed Chase's hand, pulling him into the car. When he got in, I walked to the driver's side and started driving home.

"Ally, who's this?" His words slurred again like when I was on the phone with him.

"Concon, meet Chase. Chase, meet Conor." Conor gave him a wave from the front seat and turned to face Chase, only to find him asleep.

When we got back to uni, Conor helped me walk Chase back to our dorm and then left to his. I gave him a hug and thanked him. "Chase, mind telling me why you were at a freakin' pub at a time like this?"

"It's still early, babe."

"It's almost 4 in the freakin' morning!" I waved my phone in front of his face, getting closer and smelling the alcohol on him. "Yuck, you stink. Go change please."

"You just want to see me naked, don't you?" He smirked and walked to the washrooms, taking his clothes and things he needed to shower.

Right now, I don't even want to see you, jerk.

I took my sweater off and put it beside my bed, drifting off to sleep in a matter of minutes. I didn't even notice when Chase came back.

-----

I met Conor at a really nice little restaurant. The walls were painted a nice pastel pink and there were a lot of wonderful portraits hung around the place. We sat down at a table by the window, ordering our food and waiting for our drinks.

"I'm still paying, Cons."

He shook his head. "I wouldn't let you pay, Ally. Plus this place is a little pricey." He was right. I flinched when I saw the prices on the menu. "So do you want to talk? You seem down today."

I sighed and pushed my bangs back. "I've just been thinking about Chase. He isn't like this."

"It's the drinks. Nobody is themselves when they've had so much. Trust me, I would know."

"You drink?"

He shook his head again. "My mum does. Well, she used to. My brother Jack and I made her stop because my little sister Anna would get scared when my dad had to bring her back home drunk."

I took his hand in mine. "I'm sorry Conor."

He smiled and rubbed my hand with the one I wasn't holding. "Don't worry about it. I'm just glad she's okay now. We have to talk to your boyfriend before it gets out if hand."

Just then, our food came to our table, steamin hot and looking delicious! I had to dig in, especially since I hadn't had time to grab some breakfast this morning. I didn't hear my alarm and was almost late to my first class. Thankfully, someone was distracting the teacher outside, so I could sneak in without a problem.

When we finished eating, Conor ordered us both a slice of chocolate cake to share. It was even more delicious than the food.

I took in the last bite of cake and savored it. "I'll talk to Chase tonight."

"If you need help, just call me and I'll be there faster than you can say BOOYA!"

I laughed, covering my mouth a little with my hand. "And why BOOYA?"

"It's my favorite word." He smiled his childish smile, making me giggle. "I know, I'm funny."

"Funny looking actually." He turned to me and slapped my arm playfully.

As we walked to our next class, he talked to me a little more about his family, mostly talking about his brother.

"Is he hot?" I winked and giggled.

"Ally baby, you said you had a boyfriend." He turned to me and smirked.

"Just because I have a boyfriend doesn't mean I can't check out other guys." We laughed and arrived to our class. "Thanks Conor."

"For what?"

"I don't know. I guess I just need an excuse to do this." I kissed his cheek and smiled, walking inside and sitting in my usual seat. He sat next to me a moment later, turning to flash me a shy smile.