Chapter 6

I woke up in a hospital bed with an IV in my hand and a blood pressure machine strapped onto my arm pretty tightly. I looked around the room, but the lights were blinding my eyes, so I couldn't see much, especially since I didn't have my contacts on. A few feet away from me, I saw someone sitting on what seemed to be a really comfy couch, because they were napping away, snoring as loud as they can. "Conor?"

"Ally?" He stood up and handed me my emergency glasses so I could see who it was. As I thought, it was Conor. "How are you feeling?"

I moved up the bed a little bit, adjusting the pillows and sheets. "Like crap." He chuckled a bit. "What happened? Why am I here? Did Mr. Martin like our performance? Oh God, we should do it over again."

"Stop, Ally." He took my hand in his, massaging the top of it. "You fainted in the middle of the song, so I brought you to the hospital to get checked out. You had a pretty bad fall and hit your head a bit. The doctor said he would come back with the blood results in a while, so I'm sure he'll be here any minute."

"Thanks Con, but I'm pretty sure everything's okay. I didn't eat anything this morning, so that might be the reason that I fainted."

"I still want to make sure you're okay. I don't want you fainting while we perform again."

"Again?"

"Yeah. Mr. Martin said he loved our performance, and thought you're voice was incredible. There's going to be a sort-of talent show in two weeks, and he wants us to enter. I told him we would, but if you don't want to, we don't have to." He let go of my hand and sat back down where he was.

I thought for a few minutes. Honestly, I loved singing with him. His voice was amazing, and his silliness while he sings always makes my day. "Let's do it."

He smirked and stood next to me. "Ally baby, we can't have sex in a hospital. Someone could walk in and interrupt us."

I rolled my eyes and playfully slapped his arm. "Is that all you think about, Conor? You need to get your mind out of the gutter!" We laughed and I grabbed his hand. "I meant, let's sing in the talent show."

A smile began to grow on his face and his eyes glistened. "Okay, but we have to write another song. A Conor and Ally original!" Just then, the doctor walked in. "What's up, doc? Is Ally going to be okay?"

The doctor motioned for Conor to sit down and sat next to him. "The results came out good, but we think Ally might be diabetic. She fainted because her blood sugar was really low. Did she have anything to eat this morning?" Conor and I shook our heads. "From now on, Ally needs to eat three meals and at least two snacks a day so her blood sugar can be controlled. We won't give her anything because we're not sure if she has diabetes, but she must do this and go to her doctor for a check-up next week. Does that sound good?" We both nodded. "Alright, I'll get the paperwork ready and you should be on your way in no more than an hour."

Conor thanked the doctor and he went back to the front desk. "Come on, Ally. I'll take you back to your dorm." I was still in shock from the news. "Ally, is everything okay?"

"Most of my family is diabetic, and I took care of myself so I wouldn't be diabetic. I don't want to go home on holiday and have to tell my mom this because her heart broke when my brother told her he was diabetic. My grandmother died because her diabetes wasn't under control." I could feel tears streaming down my face.

Conor wiped away a tear and moved my hair away from my face. "Everything is going to be okay. Right now, just focus on taking care of yourself so you'll get good news from the doctor next week because I'm joining you!"

"Whoopty freakin' doo." I moved my hands around and rolled my eyes.

"No complaining! Now, let's get you ready to go back to your dorm and get some rest." I stood up and grabbed my clothes, turning to face Conor. "Fine, I'll step out so you can change." He chuckled and stepped outside, closing the door behind him.

I slipped back into my jeans and white top, which was a little stained with what I guessed was blood. I put on my white converse and made my way out of the room to meet Conor. "Let's go see how that paperwork is coming along." I nodded and Conor took my hand, leading me to the front desk.

When he took me back to my dorm, Chase was pacing frantically from side to side. He saw me enter the room and picked me up in a big hug. "Ally, where were you? I was worried sick about you!"

"I fainted when we were performing, so Conor took me to the hospital. Don't worry, I'm alright, Chase." I put my stuff down and layed on the bed, listening to Conor and Chase talk just outside the dorm.

"The doctor said she might be diabetic, but they can't know for sure because she didn't have anything to eat this morning. I took her to eat just before we got here. Do you want to go grab a bite or something? You're looking kind of pale."

"Nah, I'm alright. I'll go get something in a while. I just want to make sure Ally's okay right now."

"You know where to find me if you need anything. Call me, text me, tweet me, anything, and I'll come help."

"Thanks bro. I'll take a note of that." A few seconds later, Chase walked in and sat on the bed with me. "Go to sleep, babe. I'm going to finish some of my homework right now, but tell me if you need anything." He kissed my forehead and went back to doing his work.

"Thanks babe." I pulled out my phone and sent Conor a text.

'Thanks Concon. Don't know what I would do without you x'

Not even a minute later, I got a reply from him.

'You would probably be sad because you wouldn't have anyone awesome like me in your life (; x'

I laughed at his text, which made Chase turn to face me. "What's going on, babe?" I showed him the text, which probably wasn't a good idea. "Go to sleep; you need you're rest." He went back to sit next to his desk with my phone. I shrugged it off and took a nap.

When I woke up, I saw Chase was gone. I stood up and grabbed my phone, which he left on his desk. The battery was dying, so I connected it to the charger and scrolled through my messages. I had a text from Chase.

Chase<3: 'Went to eat with the guys. Be back soon babe (:'

I also had a text from Conor.

Concon<3: 'Ally? Is Chase gone? Check your sent texts xx'

I did as he said and saw Chase had sent him some really rude texts. They were all filled with swear words, like cunt, bitch, dickhead, any bad word you could possibly imagine. I couldn't take looking at these texts anymore, so I replied to Conor.

'I'll be at your dorm in a few. I'm so sorry Concon :( x'

I grabbed my purple hoodie and walked to Conor's dorm, finding him a little angry. I put my hand on his shoulder and held his hand with my other one. "I'm sorry, Conor. I don't know what got into him. He's seriously never like this."

He sighed and we sat on the bed. I rested my head on his shoulder and play with the bracelets on his hand. He started playing with the one I had on my hand, too, and I couldn't help but giggle. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing." I giggled a little bit more and went back to playing with his bracelets. "Why don't we go out for a walk in the park? You never took me, remember?"

"I haven't, have I?" He stood up and pulled me up with him. "Let's go have some fun, my lady!" I laughed and grabbed my purse and phone, but he stopped me before I could make my way to the door.

"Is something wrong?" He shook his head. "Then, what's going on?"

He took my purse and phone from my hands and threw them on the bed. "If you want, you could leave your stuff here. We're not going to be out for long and I don't want you worrying about your stuff while we play on the playground." He gave me a childish smile that was just too cute.

I looked back at my stuff on the bed and then looked back at him. "Fine, let's go! I've been wanting to go for ages now!"

"Well with this pace, it'll be ages before we get there!" We laughed and I slapped his arm playfully. "Come on, we need to go before it gets dark."

-----

Thought I'd update again since I finished writing this chapter (:

Something's stirring up in here! Haha thoughts?

Love you guys so much (: x