Chapter 1

"I'll see you later Chase." I kissed him and walked off to my class.

"Later Ally!"

Chase was majoring in criminal justice while I majored in music and theater. I've always wanted to be a singer and an actress, so why not start getting ready now?

I had a class on lyric writing today, followed by the introduction of theater arts, but I didn't know where any of these classes were! It was a pretty big campus, and I'm just a small girl, standing at 5 feet 4 inches.

I decided to walk the other way, bumping into someone right when I turned. "I'm so sorry!" I looked up and saw a pair of blue eyes looking at me. "Sorry about that. I'm so clumsy."

"No worries, babe. I'm Conor." He took his hand out of his pocket and I shook it. "Are you new here?"

"Yeah. Actually, can you show me around? I'm having a tough time finding my classes."

"Sure. What do you have next?" I handed him a paper with my schedule on it. "We have a lot of classes together! I have lyric writing next, too. Shall we get going?" I nodded and walked beside him.

"Thanks so much. I would've been lost on my own!" He chuckled; it was so cute.

"I've actually lived in the UK all my life, so I know everything around here."

"Well you should show me around sometime. You know, if you're not busy. Show me the sights or something." I smiled and felt myself blush.

"Anytime, um, wait I didn't get your name..."

"Ally, Ally Moore."

"Well Ally, we're here." We walked into the building and headed to the classroom. There weren't many people, mostly because the class wouldn't start for another fifteen minutes.

Conor and I sat down and chatted a bit. He was telling me how his dream was to be a singer and he would post videos on YouTube hoping someone big would see them, just like me. I haven't seen his videos or heard him sing, but I'm pretty sure he's a great singer if he hasn't given up.

We continued to talk until the teacher, Ms. Rose, walked in. "Alright class, let's get started."

-----

Conor and I had about an hour before our next class, so he invited me to the Starbucks they had on campus. I ordered a vanilla bean and he got a cappucino. Once we got our drinks, we sat at a table next to the door.

"So, tell me a little about yourself Ally. You've been listening to me all day, so now I want to listen to you."

"Well, I want to be a singer and I posted a few videos of me singing on YouTube too."

"May I see one?"

"Um..." I didn't want him to see them because I maybe, kind of, sort of, yeah, sucked. I wanted to study and learn how to sing, but posting the videos was a thing I'd do whenever I was super bored.

"Please? Just one?" He did a little puppy-dog face, and God knows I can't resist that, especially when he looked so cute doing it.

I sighed and took out my laptop, looking for the best video of me singing. I took out my 1D headphones and made him put them on because I didn't want anyone else listening to my randomness. He gave me a weird look because the headphones were pink. "Real men wear pink."

He laughed and clicked Play. I was watching it along with him, seeing how I was so random and weird when I made the video. Hell, I'm still the same old weirdo! But hey, it's better to be weird than boring.

He took off the headphones when the video ended and handed me my headphones. "You're really good, Ally."

"Really?" I felt myself blush as he nodded. "Now, show me one of your videos!" He nodded and showed me his cover of Use Somebody. His voice was soft in this cover, but it was amazing. I asked him to show me more, and he did. He showed me his cover of E.T., which made me laugh because he was being silly at first.

We spent a few more minutes watching danisnotonfire videos when we realized we had a class to get to.

-----

It was 7:30 and I was getting sleepy. The good thing was that this last class would only last a few more minutes and I could go straight to my dorm and spend some time with Chase.

The teacher dismissed us and Conor offered to walk me to my dorm, and I wasn't going to refuse because I could still get lost around here. I waved goodbye to Conor and thanked him for helping me out today when he dropped me off.

I opened the door and found Chase sleeping. He looked so cute when he slept.

Does that sound weird?

I hopped on the bed and woke him up. "How was your first day?" I gave him a kiss and smiled.

"It was great. How about yours?" He looked at his phone and I was about to say something when he cut me off. "Oh, I gotta go. I'll be back in a while babe." He kissed my cheek and closed the door behind him.

I sighed and layed on the bed, thinking about today. It was a pretty good day, and Conor was so sweet to help me. I still couldn't believe how talented he was. It was as if he had an angel singing inside of him or something. Either way, he was amazing.

My phone beeped. It was a text from Conor.

'Lunch after lyric writing tomorrow? x'

'Sure, I'm paying x'

Fine with me aha night x'

I put my phone on the nightstand and fell asleep, not even realizing Chase had come back a few minutes later.

-----

How is it so far? I may have a lot of lingo and all that wrong so please tell me what you think!

Oh, and watch Conor's cover of Use Somebody! It's right over there --->

Thanks guy! Love you all so much :D x