Chapter 6

We get the check for our food and i put money down to pay. Noah quickly takes his hand out from under the table and puts in on mine shoving it away so he could pay. "I insist" He says looking up at me placing it onto the tray. "Noah are you sure?" I ask feeling bad. He shakes his head and stands up putting on his jacket. "You owe me" He smirks swinging the jacket around him and putting it on.

We leave the cafe and I turn towards Noah. "I better get home, my moms probably wondering where I am"
"Oh ok I'll walk you home" he says. "It's getting dark"
Noah is being really kind to me. He acting a lot different. A lot more caring.

It's just the way he looks at me is different and the ways he talks. I think it's just we've gotten a lot more comfortable talking to each other.

I get a phone call and it was my mom. "Hey y/n where are you I thought you were just going to the library" "sorry mom I just ran into someone and we just went round town and stuff"

"Oh ok when are you coming home it's getting a bit dark" "I'm coming home right now"

"Ok see you in a few minutes honey"

"Bye mom love you"
"Love you"

We get to my house and we stop at the end of the driveway. "This is me" I say turning back to Noah. "Today was amazing" I say looking up to Noah. "Yeah it was really fun we should definitely do something like that again" he says smiling. God he has a perfect smile. The way the lines around his smile bends with his smile, the way his eye glisten in the streetlights.

I turn towards the driveway and start walking up. I turn around and Noah was staring at me. I give him a little wave and he gives one too. I turn back and smirk.

I walk into the door and my mom was in the kitchen. "Hey y/n"
"Hi mom" I say taking off my shoes and putting down my bag. "So who's the boy" Mom says smirking. "Huh" I say acting confused. "The boy? I could hear a boys voice on the phone in the background"
"Oh uh- that was someone in my class, Noah."  "I see, is he nice" mom asks.

"Yeah, yeah he is" I reply. Moms nods and smiles. "Okay if your happy and safe, I don't have a problem with you hanging around with Noah."  I smile and nod.

I go upstairs and collapse onto my mattress.

*bing*

My phone lights up and there is an insta notification. I go into Instagram and I get a follow request from Noah. I chuckle and accept his request. I go into his account and there's 4 pictures.  One with Jason, another by himself, one with Brittany and one of him in the cafe we went to. I click follow and press message.

Me-Heyy
Noah- Hii
Me- you stalkin me now??
Noah- maybe 🤔

I freeze as i don't know what to reply back. I glance over at the video call button but then back to the keyboard trying to think.

I look back up at it again. I hesitate, and i press it. My face pops up on the screen waiting for him to pick up.
Not even 3 seconds go by and he picks up. "Hey y/n" he says lying on his bed. "Hey!" "What's up" he questions as he's probably wondering why I'm calling him. I pause and I say the first thing that came to my head. "Oh I just idk wanted to talk to you you" I pause again regretting what I just said.

"Oh ok" he smirks. There was a pause until I say
"Oh um my moms calling me sorry, I'll see you tomorrow." I say rushing as I instantly wanted to end the call.

"Oh that's ok, ya sure I'll see you tomorrow." "Bye Noah " I say with a friendly smile. "Bye y/n" he says with a smile back. I press the end button and I fling my phone onto my mattress. Butterflies swarm in my stomach and I could feel my face slowly turning into a bright red. I lie back and put my hands on my face . I quickly sit up on my little mattress realising something.

Am I falling for Noah?

No no I'm not. I can't.

I shake it off and I have shower, replaying the evening I had with Noah. I go to bed and it was suddenly Monday morning.