Chapter 1

As I was grouping up with all the present Black Bull members, I started thinking about my battle and how hard it was, and the possibility that if I had had a different opponent I might even have gotten into the Blue Roses...

*Flashback*

I had been partnered with a blonde boy who used fire magic, of course the attribute I'm weakest against. I managed to get a hit in before he put up a shield, but it went downhill from there... He deflected all of my attacks.

'Guess I'll have to bust out my strongest attack,' I had thought, ignoring his teasing yells.

"Briar Magic: Uneven Floors!"

Poisonous vines started shooting up from the floor and the roots made the floor uneven, one of them managed to scratch him, not enough for the poison to take effect, but I had damaged him! Now I just had to hope he'd walk into the poisonous auras around the vines.

The fight went on for quite a while after that I just focused on defense, seeing as I could hardly damage him.

After what felt like decades William Vangeance stood up and declared:

"We have seen enough, on to the selections!"

I was so worked up about getting into the Blue Rose Faris had to prod me, because apparently he was already done. I was slightly annoyed that I missed his squad, if he got in one, but I stepped forward, bracing myself for the sight of no raised hands.

"All squads who want Number 155 shall raise their hands now," boomed William

No amount of preparation could prepare me for what happened next: I stood there not believing my eyes, not one hand was going up. Why didn't I wait until next year? Why did I let Faris convince me to come this year instead? A movement in the stands caught my eye and I lifted my head so quickly I gave myself whiplash. Someone had indeed raised their hand but not Charlotte Roselei, the leader of the Blue Roses, but Yami Sukehiro, leader of the undoubtedly worst magic knight squad, the Black Bulls. I would've rather failed than have to go to the Black Bulls.

"Black Bulls," said William, pointing out the obvious and pouring what felt like twenty-five kilograms of salt into a fresh wound.