Chapter 14

*After the weekend and back at the Black Bulls base*

"I'm going to kill you! And then I'll regroup with all the others and we'll kill EVERYONE!" Luck screamed maniacally.

"WHY?! WHAT DID WE EVER DO TO YOU??!!" I screamed back.

It was Luck's body but he was more powerful and different somehow.... Not to mention he had weird red marks on his face.

I woke up with a start, bathing in sweat again. I looked over and saw that the bed next to me was empty. I looked around the room some more and noticed that the door was wide open. I gathered a few essentials and tip-toed down the hall to Noelle's room. The door creaked loudly as it opened, startling her awake.

"Who's there? Water creation magic: Valkyrie Armour!"

"Noelle, calm down! It's only me."

"Beckie? What are you doing up so late? And why are you here with all that stuff?"

"I had a bad dream and well, it scared me."

"Why are you here then and not cuddling up in Luck's arms?"

"Oh shut it! And well firstly he wasn't there when I woke up and secondly he was what scared me from my dream."

Noelle gave me a confused look.

"You've never been scared of Lightning Boy before tonight?" She asked, incredulously.

I shook my head.

"Not even a tiny little bit?"

I shook my head again.

"What happened in the dream, then?"

"Can I put my stuff down first?"

"Oh, right. Yes, of course you can." Noelle said, flustered, having forgotten all about the fact that I had arrived with some clothes, books, a lamp, my bedsheets and a whole mattress.

I set up my area at the foot of her bed while telling her about my dream in great detail, considering it was fairly short.

As I wrapped up I saw Noelle shivering in a ball on her bed.

"That sounds terrifying!" She squeaked.

"I hope it's just a nightmare and that my visions haven't returned."

We spent the rest of the night trying to think of ways to stop IT from happening in case it really was a vision. The best solution we could come up with for now was just to avoid Luck until we found out more about IT.

*Luck's POV*

"Hey, Magna. Have you seen Beckie?"

"No, I presume she's on a mission but I don't know anything about it."

"Hmph. Thanks anyway I guess."

It had only been two days but I hadn't seen Beckie at all, it was almost like she had fallen off the face of the earth. I stepped outside to get some fresh air when out of the corner of my eye I saw something pastel pink whip around the corner. I immediately ran to the corner to get a closer look and there she was. Beckie was standing there alive and well chatting with Noelle. I listened in, thinking I might find out why she had disappeared.

They were sitting next to each other on the ground, leaning against the wall.

"And? Are they getting any shorter?" Noelle was the first to speak.

"No, they're exactly the same, I'd say we have a few months, maybe even years. I don't know how far into the future they can go."

'Shorter? Into the future? Was Beckie having those visions again?' I thought, listening harder, so far I had more questions than answers.