Chapter 2

As we arrived at the base (my new home) a blue-eyed energetic blonde clad in a light blue tunic and the Black Bulls robe, which I still had to earn, came bounding out and squealed in delight when he saw me.

"Hey, the newbie's here! Do you want to fight me?"

Thinking this was what I had to do to earn my robe I replied:

"Sure, why not?"

*Luck's POV*

Before me stood a girl with pink hair cut down to her shoulders. She wore a long-sleeved, white T-Shirt with a pink skirt, underneath that were done blue leggings that reached her knees. Her shoes were pink and reminded me of Grey's.

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

"I don't really mind, so yeah."

*After the fight (Beckie's POV)*

"So, do I get my robe now?" I ask expectantly

"No, you don't have to fight for that, silly! I just wanted to fight you because you looked like a tough opponent," explained the blonde

"Well you put up a good fight. What's your name?"

"I'm Luck, and you? Who are you?" He asked grinning

"Oh, uhh I-I'm Rebecca, but everyone calls me Beckie." I'm stammering? Why the hell am I stammering?!

"Come, I'll introduce you to the others"

So we wandered over to the entrance and stepped inside. I felt like my eyes would pop out of their sockets, there was that much going on.

"First off, that's Vanessa, don't worry about her clothes, you get used to it..." Luck said pointing to a pink-haired woman sitting at what looked like a bar in just her underwear swigging out of a bottle.

"The girl sitting at the table there is Charmy." Luck indicated to a girl sitting at a table stuffing five cupcakes into her mouth at once. She looked to be about 3 or 5 years old.

"The girl in the corner over there is Grey." Luck nodded to a blue-haired girl who was crouching in the corner with her back to the room, she seemed to be embarrassed about something.

"The guy with the blue stripe in his hair, that's my best friend: Magna!" Luck showed me a guy with a pair of blue sunglasses.

"The last girl is Noelle, she's the one with the silver hair." Luck continued his list, I looked over and saw a girl in an intricate white and pink dress.

"The guy with the weird make-up is Gordon," Luck nodded vaguely in the direction of a guy with black lips and black around his eyes.

"Whose the guy with the nosebleed?" I ask worried

"Oh? That's Gauche, his nosebleeds are completely normal, again, you get used to it. He gets them whenever he looks at a picture or even thinks about his little sister Marie. I'm always surprised that he doesn't die of blood loss when he sees her in person," Luck giggled

"And in the center we have Asta, the workout-fanatic. Even though he was born without magic powers, he's probably one of the most powerful ones here."

I looked over and saw a white-haired boy doing sit-ups in the middle of the room. He wore a bandana with the Black Bulls logo in addition to the robe. He seemed familiar...

He looked at me when he was sitting up and beamed.

"Beckie! So you finally decided to do the entrance exam, then?"

Suddenly it hit me. It was Asta from the church in Hage.

"You know each other?" Luck looked between us confused.

"We grew up in the same village, I often played with him and the other kids from the church."

"I thought you were going to do it next year?" Asta was slightly confused.

"Faris convinced me to do it this year."

"He just failed for the eleventh time, right? Or was it the twelth?"

"He actually got in," I said much to Asta's surprise.

"Besides, what are you doing here? I thought you wanted to go to the Blue Roses."

"I was horrible. I was paired up with a fire mage. A FIRE MAGE!" I screamed, still frustrated.

"Anyway.... You got here thanks to our resident spatial mage, Finral." Luck said, making himself heard again.

I nodded towards a guy with permanently windswept hair (presumably held together by three cans of hairspray) which was dip-dyed green. He waved back.

"Zora isn't here right now, he's probably terrorising some poor kids."

"I think I saw him the other day, red hair, weird mask with pointy teeth?"

"Yep, that's him."

"And then of course, there's Yami, but you know him already"

"Doesn't everyone?"

"Oh, and just as a warning, the base tends to change form from time to time. That's because of Henry, he can't come too close to us otherwise he'd drain our powers."

"The bird over there is Nero. She's actually a human who got trapped in the form of a bird for 500 years and now she can change at will."

The first few weeks went by without anything exciting happening just a few

"You're Magna, right?" Or

"What's your name again?"s. I started to get closer to everyone and started treating them like family.