The Truth

NANI P.O.V ||
"Oh my god, this the best ribs i done had in a min." I said as i finished my last rib and licked my fingers.

"Told you girll." Tamia laughed. "But why you just up and move to Atlanta all of a sudden?"

"Ion want to get into detail but me an Kevin are done and I'm pregnant with his child. But I'm going to go to the doctor to make sure although i took three tests." I briefly said.

Tamia covered her mouth in shock.

"Don't tell anyone tho because only you, Kevin, and my auntie knows."

"Oh my god ima be a auntiee!!" She smiled." I hope you have a girl, she gone be beautiful."

"Hold up mia," I laughed. "lets make sure its positive first."

"Be honest tho do you kinda wish you weren't pregnant?"

"No i just wish it wasn't his." I nonchalantly said. "I feel like I'm ready for a baby, but i know he's not."

"I feel you."
We paid for our delicious dinner and headed to the store to get me some new scrubs i needed for my job on Monday. After all that good girl time we had i was now on my way home.
Soon as i walked in the door i could smell the good dinner being cooked. I swear i was starting to like staying with my aunt, i didnt have to come home to cook for myself or nothing. And this was a everyday type of thing, she made sure me and my uncle was fed at all times."

"Auntie what you cooking?" I asked from over the bar.

"Fish, mac n cheese, green beans and cornbread." She smiled.

"Sound soo good right now," I laughed. "Im going to get all cleaned up and ill be down in a bit."

"Okay sweetie."
I put my purse on the dresser and plugged up my phone and started up my shower. I stripped naked and got in the shower, making sure to wash my face, wash my hair, then lathered my body. I got out and lotioned my body and put on some pjs and went downstairs to eat. Auntie jessica, me and uncle charlie sat at the table making jokes and having good ole family time. I missed things like this but mainly with my mom and dad, times like these made me want to cry until they came back. My dad was the best at cracking jokes at the dinner table, he always could make us laugh until our stomachs hurt and we couldn't take anymore..

"So what'd you do today miss nani." Uncle Charles asked.

"Nothing met up with tamia, yall remember her right?" I waited for them to nod. "Yeah we cought up and went to eat earlier."

"Thats good that you have a close friend out here Nani." auntie said as she grabbed our empty plates.

"Yeah I'm relived, i cant be a home body i like getting out."

"I've always known you for that nani," auntie laughed. " Been a busy body since diapers."

I laughed along.

"So about your pregnancy appointment, when are u going for your first check up?" Auntie asked.

"It's tomorrow at nine."

"Oh okay, well you make sure you get a good rest tonight." She smiled as she finished washing the dishes.

"I will goodnight."
**************
"Hey,i have a appointment for nine." I greeted the lady.

"Okay, i need you to sign this really quick." She handed me a paper and pen, I quickly signed and gave her the paper back. "and someone will be with you soon." She smiled.

I sat in the waiting room looking around at all the pregnancy pictures, they were all making me pretty nervous. I wanted to be pregnant just not by Kevin, all i think of him now is how he will hit me every time we have an encounter. But while waiting on the doctor i checked my dm's and saw one from Kevin. Speaking of the devil. He must have known by now that i changed my number.
It had read;

Nani i see that you changed your number on me, i just want to say I'm sorry for everything and i really mean that, thats no bs. But we soon will have a child together and i want to atleast co parent if you could just aleast have a conversation with me about the child because thats most important to me.

I was beginning to almost cry before i realized where i was. I had to straighten myself up as i was being called.

"Hi Ms.Houston, I'm doctor Hedi. Its a pleasure to meet you." She smiled warmingly. "So i see this is your first pregnancy, correct?"

"Yes ma'am." I nodded.

"And when was your last period?"

"February ninth."

She asked all the other questions in the world before getting to the best part, the test. My heart was beating so fast because i didn't know for sure wether i was pregnant or not, i just assumed because i didn't have my period. But i was going to be even more nervous if i was pregnant with Kevin's child. How can i co-parent with a man who hit me? What if he tried to kill my baby? Too many things could go wrong.

"And there it is." Dr.Hedi smiled while pointing at the screen. I began to cry tears of joy and fear. I was going to be a mommy and stuck with a man i want no part of anymore..
*************
Heyy yall i hope yall enjoying this story so far☺️ but dont forget to like, comment, and share my book
~Destiny💋