chapter 2

Mabel had never wished more to go back into time and beg her aunt to decline that tutoring because it had not brought knowledge nor intelligence to her, instead she was rather distracted and felt out of place whenever he was near.

Ever since that passionate night that left him tumbling in bed over and over again Malcolm had ignored her his best, he made sure to put a chunk of space in between them. For bloody sake it was his house yet he dodged whenever she was in sight, there was something about her.. that made him curious, she caught the attention from a person just by her gaze, her stubborness was also admiring.

But he was her tutor, something that his father tested him for, he recalled the day clearly with a annoyance

"What? You mean to tell me I will tutor some child who barely went to school?" He asked in disbelief at his father, Viscount grey. His father regarded him cooly through the machines he was motrising, "I do not understand why you are against it, the young girl will stay in our home and you have plenty of time" His father continued and Malcolm huffed out, "That is the point, I don't see why my time  should be wasted"

Viscount Grey chuckled lightly with amusment, "Son, If a womans knowledge is intimidating---" Malcolm cut him off with a snort, "There Is no woman with a intimidating knowledge that can be discussed, now where is that little child"

End of flashback

And how his words just bit him right on the back, Mabel Coster was not clueless as he imagined, she was not shy and she was mostly noy a child. She was outspoken her every single thought as she criticed and questioned him, that was something malcolm was unaccoustmied to. Every Friday when she rolled into the library with her locks falling above her eyes and her attire lazily done he wanted to point it out and question her inappropariateness but his words always got caught in his throat as her sweet fragance clouded his mind.

He was a fool to believe the lesson could run smoothly and be as objective as possible.

Like that one time she argued why animals shall live freely as if that made sense, yeah leave it to the lions and bloody corocidles eat us for dinner, "You ought to be the most foolish single women" he snarled while regarding her with disbelief,  Mabel glared at him hard, "You men must hate all kind besides yourselves, even animals are not at your mercy ".

The corner of his lips lifted in amusment, "And you women love to but into the world as if you could solve it"

"we never got a chance have we?, " she retorded back, when Malcolm only stared at her in silence his mouth opening and closing she smirked mentally, he tore his heated eyes from her "I believe that's it for today,"

It was more than it, Mabel wanted to input. She wanted nothing else but be far away from the snobbish arrogant chauvinist, he probably showered his ego every day, watching his well done attire apperance she was convinced.

The lessons turned more and more into arguments rather than teaching, whenever the word politics came into picture their characters clashed in every way, "it is no science that we are indeed superior both in strength ability but also knowledge" Malcolm answered and it was as if  Mabel mentally placed a leach around her neck to pull back every time she wanted to punch his guts.

He was doing it on purpose, to get on her nerves every day that went by and so far he was succeding, she could see it. The glimmer of amusment and challenge between his eyes, it brought a silent tension that she could feel, the fact that they were alone in this huge library did not ease her worry.

The fact that she made a forbidden mistake by lip locking with an Viscount son was something she could be hanged for, "Cat caught your tongue?" his husky voice snapped her back to reality, she glared seeing the satisified look on Malcolm that she for once had her guards put down, Mabel huffed out a breath realising she indeed was quite,

"I believe one can not understand if they have already set their minds" she spoke with boredom lying underneath her tone leaving Malcolm intrested, even though they were worlds apart when it came to politics he wanted to hear her difference of opinions, her reasons and disagreement. He was not a man who could not take critics but he did not want to let her have the upper hand.

Mabel cleared her throat when the intense gaze of his was still set on hers, "perhaps the time has gone, I will---" as she stood up abrutly he interrutpted her,"The lesson is not over, sit back down" the authorative tone in his voice did not go unnoticed, Mabel held the urge to grit her teeth.

He did it on purpose, trying to provoke her, nontheless she slumped down on the hard chair as he followed her movments, " I want to apologize for my behaviour the other night," he started looking quite uncomfortable, damn it. He brought it up, while she hoped it was merely a nightmare

"Your excused" Mabel answered in a blink of eye wanting the conversation to end there but he continued with, "I am at loss to explain what possesed me but best believe it was a moment of insanty that will never be repeated"

Mabel stiffened at his words, was she truly that bad in his eyes?, "Fine" she grumbled trying to control the irritation in her voice, "I told you I accept your apology"

His gaze swept over her as he went on, "You may set your mind at ease that I do not find you desirable whatsoever,matter of fact if we were deserted in an island I would not have the intention to approach you"

"I realize, enough said my lord"

"I just want to make it clear that what I did was an absurd action and merely a mistake and you are not the kind of woman I would be attracted to---"

"You made yourself clear, very much" Mabel interrupted with a scowl, a peasant, a poor little child that was what she heard in between his words, she was not a woman in his eyes. And that stung more than ever, for her it felt different, she could not control her feelings is not like she wanted to feel this way and be all nervous only by his gaze. It was absurd for her to woo over a high titled man, for bloody sake it is a forbidden territory.

There were no point In it

And It was by time he drew a line, even if it stung she could not risk her aunts job,

Just the thought of packing and leaving again was unbearable.

______________________________

  VOTE AND COMMENT