chapter 8

chapter eight

Malcolm rode his horse above a fence, his cousin Aldrick Wilford and friends Lord Davids, Lord Easton had gathered near, they had decided to value while the weather was in perfect breeze, the early morning putting him in a good mood. 

He caressed Zane behind the ear, a stallion that practically grew up with him, "Pointless" came Aldrick's voice. Malcolm halted his horse at the same light pace Wilford and Davids were taking, "Who gives a damn about views of landscape and monuments?" his cousin continued lazily, "You need some stereo cards featuring women, Grey. Now theres something worth viewing through this thing"

"I would think you've seen enough of those in three dimensional form" Malcolm replied dryly, although he loved his cousin he had not admired the reckless life that had gained him nothing but scandals that gossiped around londons society, with a brief look he continued "Aren't you a bit preoccupied with the subject of female anatomy, Wilford?"

"Tell me you are not bored of your life, cousin. For gods sake you havent lifted a single muscle on your face, god knows you need a female." Aldrick retorded back, answering questions with questions were his specialty, also the reason why he got suspended from his military service early.

Malcolm glanced at Lord Davids and Easton who watched with interesst on the exchanged conversation. The men were remarkabbly different in orgins and character, the only in common they had was their friendship with Malcolm, Lord Easton was the most contracditory of the terms, already married with an duke's daughter he had reached a higher status in society, he was also the great-grandson of an ambitious sea captain. Then there was Lord Davids, who just inheirted an earl title, thanks to that he could exchange financial business aswell with him. One wouldn't call them all friends by change when they all needed to competee well if you overlook Aldrick Wilford on that card. Aldrick Wilford, a son of a nobleman, which were kind of ironic when nothing noble ran in his blood streins.  

They were cousins from his mothers side, maybe the reason why Malcolm still felt so attatched to him.Their resemblence could be striking as well, both having dark green eyes and coffe brown hair, although aldrick looked far more less strict and brooding their appearance was handsome and attractive in society.

"I prefere my life as ordinary in the term of normality, thank you very much" Malcolm answered brisqfuelly it earned a snort from Aldrick, with a shake of his head he regarded the two men beside them who were paying attention to what was being said, "Let me reprhase my words, if this was your last year in earth.. would you spend your life behind accounting books and babblering financal status?"

Malcolms mouth twitched as Lord Easton and Lord Davids were visibly shocked at Aldricks question yet the curiousty glimmered in their eyes waiting for Malcolm to answer.

"I don't answer on hypethorical questions,"

"I should've known," Aldrick snickered before contuining, "Lord have mercy on the poor lady who marries you, that is if you succeed even on it"

This time Easton and Davids chuckled silently but it did not go unnoticed, "and what do you mean by that?" Malcolm hated that he wanted to know, but god if his cousin did not stop to get on his nerves. Was it really wrong to have an coordinated life? Simple kept him sane, kept him in track... he liked simple. Living recklessly and doing what he wanted? Maybe in another life time when he wasn't bearing a Viscount title for gods sake!.

But he also wasn't emotionless, even if people would have something else to say on that. When it came to family, he cared. After all they knew him since infant, before he became what he is today. And he would never ever tell the reason of what had transformed him like this, the past will stay in the past. After all there was a time where he cared to much, and where did that get him? Nothing more than years of drinking habits and not being able to stop until he clunk the last drop of the remaining alcohol.