chapter 4

Idly rolling a glass of brandy in his hands, feeling like the world was his Ruthfourgh stood by Malcolm Grey, the new Viscount of London, After three month of his father death it was time for him to sharpen the viscount, Ruthfourgh had always knew Malcolm was meant to inheirit, he was of generally good character and educated with an admired intelligence, had an aura that was intimidating but suited for a hightitled person, in other words he was the perfect example of an english aristrocrat, but there was something the viscount lacked in.

Ever since Ruthfourgh solved the puzzle of the why the viscount seemed often distracted, there was an odd glimmer and weird expression that meant either his newphew was insane.. or bloody in love. That word had no place in the world that was prepared for Malcolms way, and no one could prevent it from happening, therefor Ruthfourgh for months tried solving the mystery of the lady that held his attention. If only he knew she was under his nose the task would've been done months ago.

Malcolm was gathered beside other men in the gentlemen's room. They were all engrossed In arranging objects on a table to illustrate points as they disputed military tactics, "If we perhaps start here...." One of them was saying, sliding a snuff-box, a pair of saxes and a small figurine to the corner of the table.

Malcolm grinned and clamped the end of a cigar with his teeth as he interrupted, "No it is easier if they separate and move here... and here.." He positioned so the snuffbox and figurine so that they trapped the enemy instead, represented by a small painted block. "There. Now the block doesn't stand a chance in hell"

Before anyone else could begin speaking Ruthfourgh interrupted, pulling him away from the table .

"You have an intrestering strategy," Lord Ruthfourgh said dryly, while the others continued the battle, Malcolm blew another breath lightly watching the smoke vanish back into air, Ruthfourgh clicked his tongue, "But there is a flaw my nephew, you should always leave a path for retreat"

Malcolm glanced back at the table assessingly, "You think I should have left the snuffbox where it was?"

"I'm not talking about the bloody snuff-box or any sham battle" Ruthfourgh lowered his voice several nothes, "I'm referring to your clever little lover"

Malcolms face changed, his dark green eyes freezing, he removed the cigar from his mouth and heedlessly stubbed it out on a silver tray nearby, "Go on," he invited gently, "And choose your words with care, Uncle"

Ruthfourgh did not know what he shouldve been surprised at, the fact that his nephew did not try to hide the embaressing statement that would leave him a laughing stock in society for eternity if anyone bloody found out that the viscount was having a renzevous with a maids niece, a low person, "You cant bloody be serious! Have you gotten any idea of what this can cause? Of course not!" Ruthfourgh roared silently.

"I am not a teenage boy that you can string on, I am well aware of my actions and intend to take responsibilty" Malcolm clenched his jaw, it was no surprise that his Uncle found out, the whole bloody town could know because he would make it official and court the love of his life as she deserved. And he already got his fathers permission before death, there was no one that he owned an explanation when it came to his actions.

"Hard to tell," Ruthfourgh remarked in a mocking tone as he continued, "I told you that your place in society will be envied, people will do everything in their power to destroy you, And you have the aditional to that statement, exactly how much do you know of the woman you have such strong affection for? Perhaps you have been fooled like the rest of us,"

.

Malcolm regarded him with cold fury. He clenched his jaw holding the urge to beat his uncle to a pulp for speaking of Mabel so cuttingly, but first he had to find Mabel, she might be in some kind of trouble, "Where is she?"