chapter 27

Chapter twenty-seven

Than it seemed like he knew, his eyes watching him now carefully, "She had not told you" he trailed of, Malcolm watched him with confusion, just know the man had no shame in accusing him if god knows what he did to his daughter that he had not lay an eye on. And now he was unsure of his own words. What bloody hell did he mean by she had not told him?, he had never seen the woman. Just as he was about to burst on the man he started speaking,

"My daughter, I had not told anyone but close people of mine, but I believe you need to know.. I had been seperated from my daughter when she was two years old, her mother and I were married for three years before a rift came between us, she had taken my daughter without my knowledge and I had never seen her for nineteen years but I never stoped searching for her, Stephanie hastington, that was her birth name. Although there was no one named that---," he stoped to breath, something that malcolm was not doing, acid ran up his throat as he was listening, "—It came out that there were no such name, not in the whole country, when I visited London on the work that your father and I was supposed to finish I took it upon my hands, it was to give work to the poor, coming to a very poor side of london I got introduced to her by a local worker, she was searching for a shelter and was homeless, I had offered a job and when her name was written it came out to never exist as well, not in londons regestry---" as if Malcolm could not prevent the desperate breath in his voice he muttered, "It was her.. your daughter.. "

"Yes, that eyes and face was mine, I knew it."

"My daughter had not always been a lady, she was an orphan with no knowledge of her father"

His words struck him, with a blazing force. He froze as Lord Hastington began calling his name his voice becoming numb and dull, Malcolm connected the puzzle and felt ill... she, she—no it couldn't be. As if god took him back to life he breathed heavily, "My lord are you alright" The marquess grey hair and old face above him with a glass of water, Malcolm grately gulped down the water, his stomach knotted in anxiety, when he found his voice he achingly whispered "What was her name.. the name that was not registered"

"Mabel.. Mabel Coster"

His words could have been a punch and it would not affect as much, blood rushed to his brain and he felt like.. like the worst monster in the world, her words replaying in his mind had you done a research on me. Malcolm closed his eyes and rubbed his hand on his face in frustration.. she would have told him, had he listened.

With a strength he muttered, "Her mother"

"she had never known of her, her aunt raised her whole life," all of it was to much for malcolm to take in. she had never known of her mother? That was impossible when she had confessed--- unless she wasn't threatened to .

There was only one person capable of threatning

Like a bolting relasation he launched up from the chair and let out an animal growl, "Ruthfourgh!"

He stormed from the study without bothering to say anything to the confused marquess. It had all made sense why he wanted the man to leave the study and was tensed.  Malcolm was out for blood, his whole body never feeling such an animal filled anger that was set out on murder, he roared through the mansion. Ruthfourgh was descending, having entered the house. Stoping midway down the stairs, Rutgfourgh took in the tableau before him.. Servants freezing in place, the clusters of bewilderment of Lord hastington and of the viscount with avid bloodlust. The entire house fell silent during that chilling moment, so that Malcolms quiet snarl was clearly audible, "By god, I'm going to slaughter you"

He knew, he knew as relasation was visible on his face before horror took over, Malcolm ran full-bore toward the stairs. Instead of skirting around the banister, Malcolm valuted the railings and landed on the steps like a cat. There was a blur of movement as Ruthfourgh attempted to strategic a retreat, but Malcolm flung himself upward catching his legs and dragging him down. They grappled, cursed, and exchanged punishing blows, ruthfourgh lurched up the stairs, Malcolm sprang after him. A crowd of men servants including the marquess followed shouting advice for the bloody scene that took place. There were heavy thudding sounds that caused the entire household to shake, followed by the noises of furniture breaking and glass shattering. Malcolm was on top, jaw was knocked until he could feel blood but it did not stop him, he punched repeadetly his uncle watching his eye swolen and his whole face blodded, he saw no stop, he----"Enough!" the marquess held him, entering the fight of two relatives, as the cough of blood came from Ruthfourgh, Malcolm was aware that the bloody bastard was still breathing, "You bastard knew!" he roared, as the blasted rotten man wiped the blood frequently,

"I saved you in advance, she wou—" before he could finish Malcolm launched at him and punched him with a force that nearly broke his jaw into two, this time the marquess could not hold the animal that bursted out from the once compelled viscount.

"I will kill you!" he bursted. His heavy breathing and fists clenched ready to launch back at him was stoped by the marquess, had he antipaced that the viscount would ever react like this he would have chosen great care with his words. He did not want an murder to take place. The bloody hands of the viscount who did not bother to clean it.

Something In Malcolms face broke, he sniffed and an anguish breath broke through the anger, "Where is she?" he focused now solemnly on the marquess.

Malcolm did not know if she could ever forgive him, but he needed to see her, he needed to--- as if the marquess could understand the misery and anguish he answered, "Home, she's at home"

And that was all he needed to know before he stormed out of the house. He would do what it bloody takes to get her back, the past weeks of her gone has made his life a living hell, to hell with his pride. To hell with anything, she was what he wanted.. no needed. Like his next breath.

  God heavens.. how will she ever forgive him

_______________________________

Vote and comment!