chapter 14

Chapter fourteen

The skin crawled inside Mabel, nothing in her entire life could be worse then the moment she was in now, how horrifying it had been to wake up and stride down the stairs hoping for a peaceful morning breakfast, she shall had known that he took his words seriously, because there he stood and gone were any other person she wished to see

Anyone beside him

"My lady" he did curtsy the same time she did, her pulse was beating when she met his eyes, he looked somewhat distressed with the result of his eyes darker and looking like he hadnt gotten a good night sleep.

That would make the two of them, "Lord Grey, what a pleasing sight... where is the rest of the household? Have I woke early---" he cut her off with a low chuckle that crawled inside her, "They have already gone for the weekly hunt, I believe you woke late rather than early"

Dammnation!

She had specificly asked the maid to wake her in time for breakfast, after a nightless sleep and twisting, tossing in the bed she hadnt gotten a blink of sleep but it all came back by dawn making her sleep in, "Is that so? Then I might call for breakfast in my bedchamber" she fidged with her gown wanting the ground to swallow her by the intense gaze he had, "I sense a lack of enthutaism my lady, after all we have a whole day ahead of me touring you around my estate"

Her throat worked silently she totally hoped he was kidding but he was serious. Oh god!, she could barely survive meeting his intimidating gaze let alone spend the whole day with him.

What have she done!

Her hands felt damp by her anxiousness, and it seemed like he could sense her hestitation as he cut in, "You will enjoy it, I have already heard from Mrs. Standford that you are pleased by the place,"

She bit her inner cheek as he watched her with amusment, and she wanted to ask what god dam was funny! Nothing of it amused her. Not one bit. The thought of walking beside him, standing even like this was not healthy for her heart, it felt like it would burst out of her bosom, "I would very much like that," she had to force a smile out of her lips and it seemed to amuse him even more, "We will have breakfast by the river, I do hope you arent afraid of water" he smiled sardonically

"No I---" she trailed of before realising what bloody thing he asked, I will teach you how to swim, hold me like this.. The memories floaded through her mind leaving a bitter taste in her mouth, he couldn't possibly remember something that had occurred six years ago.

He had plenty of ladies who did not hestitate to have a moment with him, she told herself that she took his words wrong and that just like any other lady he meet was afraid of their expensive gowns getting drenched in water, "What I meant to say is that I do find it horryfing, my gown was made by an italian and it would not be a pleasant sight for my seamstress" she made sure to sound ignorant like how a daughter of a marquess should be, and the fact that she bloody was one made her wonder why she had to act that way.

Society

Because of that one word that had so much inpact on her life it had transformed her into a person she had always dreamed of being, a lady, a rich woman. If only she knew that it had more bad than good in her life. Being arrogant and ignorant was one of them, she could never show her gratefullness if only the person was hightitled as her, but she had always made sure to never let it get to her.

And the past just sprawling back in front of her face making all those emotions and wounds she had buried long deep come back by just one person.

Malcolm watched her intensly, her apperance had muddled him upside down, he had to control the bottled emotions mixed with hatred and lust.. yes lust. Only a blind man would not be affected by her beauty, she had once again took his breath by just standing and meeting his gaze unblinkly, to her previous words that held a rich statement made him hold the mock that threatned to slip out of him, "I shall make sure to rescue you if that happens," and with that he gestured her out of the backdoor that led towards a magniticent garden a water fountain in the middle with all kind of flowers surrounding the place, he caught her delightful expression before it fel when she realised he was looking at her, she cleared her throat, "It is beautiful" it was as if she wore a mask, going back to looking compelled and mannered.