chapter 18

Chapter eighteen

The voice in the back of his mind was not near loud enough to stop what maddening that possesed him to ravish the lady in his carriage, he blamed it on her scent, then on her lush wicked mouth, then her eyes.

She breathed heavily as he trailed his kisses from her lips to the corner of her mouth, chin and towards her throat, her heavy hair was pinned and done neatly, now with his hands fisting and caressing it, the pins came losely and her hair fell down, she arched her back,

"So sweet," he murmured wanting to see her soft skin, he was searching for where the bloody lacing was on this bodice in the same time of working his mouth on her throat, than she let out a sound in the back of her throat as he reached her collarbone, he could recognise it. Still. He stilled, she had not felt him stop and only curled his hair urging him to continue,

Thanks for the gleaming light in the carriage he pushed her hair away making her skin visible to him, from the valey of her bosom to her throat, as if he was searching for a treasure he seaked the place on her skin that was so vivid in his mind, hoping that it was not true.

His whole body froze as the same three dots of birthmarks lingered on the sweet spot at the side of her neck, "Whats wrong?" her voice broke him out of his dazing thoughts, in a swift of second anger boiled inside of him. He wanted to wring her beautiful neck, the audacity of her being in front of him. Decieving him once again, it had been unmeasurble of where his anger were. She was masquerading as Stephanie Hastington, god knows where that lady have been hostage.

But one thing was for certain, he would not give her that satisfication, he would play her little game.

With a calculated smirk he touched her cheek, "Nothing, nothing at all," and with the frown in between her eyebrows he gave her a chaste kiss before knocking on the carriage, in a second the footman opened it, "My god, had we been watched?" she gaped.

He held the building anger of even watching her lying face, "My footman would never open the carriage when the drapes is down"

She seemed in bewilderment, and some other emotions he had not bothered to watch lingered in her eyes, she won this round, but the game was far from over. He would make sure of it.

The blasted ball was the last thing in his mind right now, he needed alcohol in his system, he needed to make her pay. But he would wear the mask better than her, and damn sure he did as he took her glove covered hand with his, "My lord don't you think it is improper for us two to come together?" she glanced back and forth, liar.. wench, cunning little—"It is not when I plan to introduce you to my cousin and friends of course" he went on, her eyes widen a fraction as the guard followed them in, she could win an award, he would give her that. After all, her mother was the perfect example.

she was nervous, the visible feeling of her hands shaking and fisting at the side of her ballgown, he needed to act dumbfounded, "I sense something is troubling you, may I know?" he used his best gentleman act, and it seemed to work since she shook her head lightly and chuckled in a ladylike way, he scoffed mentally, she was anything but a lady.

"No, I am just rather startled," he knew the hidden meaning of her words, startled that he acted so quick upon what she really wanted, since his wealth had doubled up after she last seen him, it was what she wanted to lure him into her plans.

"Why?, your beautiful and intelligent and stunning, that my lady is admirable"

She was silent before chuckling, it seemed all to forced, her acting had its lack after all. "You cant mean that my lord, there will be plenty of ladies young and more beautiful than me here," she was mumbling while watching the huge place of people walking around, as she was not paying attention he leaned in with a grin whispering to her ear, "Could they kiss as good as you, stephanie?"

Her eyes widen, he watched her cheeks go from light blush to a warmer colour, my god her body even could fake a react, he fisted his hands in the thought that she had played his kiss into thinking she enjoyed It, by the sounds and desire in her eyes he hardly believed it was an lie, but when it was her, anything was believable, "My lord, you---" before she could continue he took her hand and brought her to the gathered group of people, his cousin had not seen them as she was speaking with other guests.

Someone beside her whispered in her ear and annabelle looked over her shoulder in disbelief, he was doing it if it had not been for the shocked face of annabelle he probably would not seem to understand what kind of blasted thing he was doing, walking hand in hand with a lady, towards his family member, and introducing. That was staking a claim, something that made Aldrick throw a devilish grin, "Malcolm! Lady stephanie" Annabelle was in a second of shock before her eyes gleamed with happiness and her cheeks widened into a dimpled smile, "What a stunning pair," one muttered as they watched Stephanie—or rather Mabel Coster thought Malcolm ironicly.

"Mrs. Standford" Stephanie greeted.

"Do not just stand there, my dear. And from now on call me Annabelle," The truimpth of happiness from his cousin thinking that he meant seriously to marry her was even above his personality, he wondered if Annabelle ever knew him. But after all its not like she knew the tale of how Lady Stephanie was not in fact a lady or that name. But he did not correct her, he wanted people to believe he had an affection of her, in that way he would destroy her.

"yes, Annabelle," she blushed as ladies dragged her away, everyone started talking about god knows what, for Malcolm was watching as she pretended to yet again have a great time when it was all an act, for what purpose? Than his teeth gritted as he watched a young man approach her, Malcolm watched him narrowingly, it was Lord Clinton, a 25 year old son of an earl, his blonde hair and blue eyes had gained him attention from the ladies but he knew that stephanie was not the case, oh she probably saw pounds and cents whenever she watched a man, but it did not erase the sting of jealousy in him as she accepted his dance. Jealousy? He was anything but jealous, in fact he should save the poor man and tell one or two to every man of what her intentions truly was.

He was watching them, "My god, you are livid in fact" Aldrick chuckled and drank the punch, he could not believe that his emotionless and cold cousin could look at a man and want to strangle him, "I am not in the mood for your childish play," Malcolm gritted out, it took every cell in his body to stay composed.

He was indeed livid, but for other facts as well besides her laughing prettily and letting Lord Clinton hold her closley, no this was much more. And not a chance in hell would he tell anyone about it.

"Staking a claim huh?, do it, no one would dare to approach her if you want her that badly" Aldrick teasing voice set him on edge, Malcolm bit out,  "Go to hell"

"Do invite me to your wedding,"

Was that the kind of display it seemed? That he wanted to marry her? If only they knew.

If only they knew.

———————————————————————-

VOTE AND COMMENT!

A/N: guys I am finished woohooo!!! I love this book so much, it has been the most challenging and amazing time to write and show you all!. Also happy new year!

Now I will update all the chapters , this book will have 30 CHAPTERS!