chapter 15

Chapter fifteen

For years mabel had her walls built up, nothing and no one could make her break the vows she promised herself, to never recall the past, to even remember it was something that resulted of nightmares and unwanted memories that ached. It was so god damn hard, why did she have to face the one person who made it all worse? Was this gods way of showing how she could never run?

If that was the case she bloody well understood.

Sitting so close to him and not being able to embrace him, feel his lips, his skin, him. It was her punishment, and she shall live with the regret forever. The only good of it all was that he was not aware or more like in memory loss, god forbid if he ever found out. She had seen his temper and that cold green eyes could frost anything.

"Your awfully quiet, have I made you uncomfortable?" he raised his head as the sun was practically covering her sight, in fact she liked it that way because she could not meet his questioning eyes, "my Lord— Malcolm, truth be told I have not eaten as much in my life as now and quite frankly I am filled," she breathed out after he bullied her into eating up the heavenly and overly much food that was wrapped in a picknick basket, everything was divine, the fruits and ham, but he had also tormented her. He did not answer but a grin lifted his mouth as he reached for another strawberry, she was watching, he knew it. That devil was doing it on purpose, his mouth devoring the fruit wishing her to feel it against her lips.

Mabel gulped wondering where those thoughts came from, it was more than obvious that he was messing with her head, she had to take drastic measurments, before she made a more fool out of herself, "It's a shame, Strawberries are sweet and tasteful" he murmured lazily while she had the most difficult time in her life trying to appear cool and collected, "Is that so? I believe than we have different taste buds" she mumbled but he pounced on her words, "I beg to differ"

This time she lifted her head making her see more clearly, and mistakenly meeting his seductive gaze, "I do not like sweet stuff," she contered back, he was resting his elbows on the grass as his long legs was in a crossed positon , his hair tousled back by the soft morning breeze, making him look like the devil he was, "Do you mean to say that you don't have a sweet tooth?" his eyes was on hers but she could swear it flickered down to her mouth, contuining to trail down until it set on her bosom, bloody hell! Why had her maid suggested the low cut gown that show casted the valey of her breasts. His gaze heated her up making her forget to answer, for a moment the air was charged with a sizzling tension, one that she couldn't hide despite the mask she had worn so long, his charms and that bloody eyes.. enchanting and soulwrecking eyes, "How come I have never seen until now?" his voice was hoarse and low making her whole body tingle, it was as if he caressed her with his words. Like old times, where she woke up to that voice.

"London is not the source of the world, and I had no intentions on accompanying my father to his business companions or whatever they call it knowadays" she was lying, but he didn't need to know that.

Something in his features hardened, "Your father?" he sputered as if it was something that had never crossed his mind. Heavens lord, he probably suffered from a memory loss after all!

"why, Yes my father, Marquess of---" before she could continue he interrupted her with a cold snort, "That was not my question," then he clipped his mouth shut, she wondered what had changed not that she would ever be the one to ask that.

In a motion he was stood up not bothering to brush his trousers from the grass, he turned and reached his hand for her to take, which she happily did hoping that they had come to the end of his touring, although she had a feeling this place had no end considering the kind of wealth he lives in.