chapter 9

Chapter nine

Mabel gestured her carriage to stop at the sign of entrance, for bloody sake how long could this Country place take on? She have seen quite a lot in the name of price, from glorious park residence to entaching views, but never on earth has she seen someone own a gate so long that it perhaps resemblens the length of the great china wall. She could only imagine what kind of arrogant loat of that wanted to show off as much as this.

"You can return, Philip, thank you" She flicked a wave of hair strands threatining to fall above her face, thanks to the bonnet she barely could see clearly as well. Philip hestitated when his lady got out, "I could escort you till the place, my lady" he trailed of, Mabel released an unladylike snort, "You mean which one of this giant country houses is the main one? I wont bother you much more when you have betake onyourself to travel more then what was required," Mabel smiled at him briefly but the young man watched in startlement and scratched the back of his neck when a pinkish colour strained on his cheek, "But my lady---" before he could contiue any of his argument on how he should behave as her escortman and what so on.

"The biggest help that you can do is to notify my father that I have spent three weeks in full bliss" she told him, even though she had not even arrieved til this second and she wouldn't even be shocked if the host of this season ball had already contacted her father on her absence it should not hurt to try her luck.

Philip nodded curtly and brought down her baggages filled with whatever her maid squeezed in, probably ton of gowns and expensive jewelrs, and in any other day she would've shine like a star and make her best to be as proper as any other lady. But guilt was running in all her cells, her aunt was not in a good shape, the reunion was nothing as she ever expected. she was hoping the sickness was a flue or anything mild, if only she had arrieved earlier. She wouldn't have to lie to her father.

But that couldn't she dwell any further on, "Take care my lady" Philips bowed before entering the carriage , Mabel was now Lady Stephanie.

And that meant plenty of forced smiles, high pitched laughs that was ladyliked and mingling with overly arrogant humans, yet she reminded herself anything was better then before.

Anything

With that powerful reminder she grabbed her baggage and headed into the huge country park, preciesly Grey cross park, a strange twitch of her body came when she read that once again. Weird she thought as she got deeper in and halted on steps,  her breath got caught at the view, oh heaven lord was she not ready at the spectacular place. Gardens with a fountain and filled with green plants, earth and sound of nature hit her and she closed her eyes just to savour the feeling of peace.. she could get used to this place.

There was nothing better than nature, a day like this would constits of taking her horse for a ride and spend a lovely day with her friends on this weather. How much she longed for it. But she had more important dutties, when it came to Lady Stephanie, four years and that name feels still foregin like a piece of her is still not complette. Having suitors and getting attention was a new thing, different than being cat called on the street of london when she had to survive for a single day to live.

Lady Stephanie was respected, beautiful and wanted.  Lady Mabel was nothing more than a pretty face of a peasant, a no body. Yet they were the same people, she was both. In an untold world.

Someone caught a sight of her peacefully trying to soak in the calm, but as they all said.. the calm was before the storm. She opened her eyes when she felt a presence close, "What an sight," a man appeared and Mabel held the urge to roll her eyes, she thought the ball would be more than enough of male company, "I must admit, this place is beautiful," Mabel used her best sweet tone voice a lady could sound like.