Wash, Rinse, Repeat

Ellie felt as if they were stuck in a wash, rinse, repeat cycle. Casing, catching a wisp of a lead, following it to a dead end, casing, catching a lead, following it to a dead end. They had literally no idea where Torres was, nor even where he had been. To add insult to injury, people in Pitalito were not overly compliant in even giving the slightest of info to foreigners. She could not blame them given the fact that they were checking over there shoulders constantly just anticipating and dreading the day the cartels would overtake them and demand something of them. Additionally, they were unable to act as if it were a federal case. They were no longer in the US and given the nature of Nick's assignment, they couldn't show his picture around and alert the cartel to his identity. That was if of course they did not already know. Ellie felt like she was stuck on a merri-go-round and she was getting sick. What can we do? What can we really do? It was starting to feel like there was nothing she, they, could do. Maybe they would have to leave Colombia without him. But mentally, Ellie could never give up. In general, not just because of Torres. Even if they left, she would still look. Because even if she never found him, she would not die knowing that she did not try.