Chapter Eleven

"Jeon," Seokjins shakes Jungkook's shoulder. His eyes are closed, his body still and unmoving. "Jungkook," he tries again, concerned. Seokjin looks around them but there are no people around. Not even guards.

Seokjin looks back at Jungkook who is still unconscious. He puts two fingers to the side of Jungkook's neck, checking for a pulse. He doesn't feel anything. 'Perhaps, I just can't find it,' Seokjin thinks, avoiding the other reason. He lowers his head to Jungkook's chest, listening for a heartbeat.

Just as the heartbeat made itself know, he hears a groan. Seokjin raises his head, "Jungkook?" Jungkook scrunches his face before his eyes open. Seokjin gasp, eyes wide.

Jungkook presses a hand to the back of his head, sitting up. "I think I'm seeing stars," he says, blinking a couple of times. Noticing Seokjin's wide eyes, his eyes widen, "Am I in the stars?"

Seokjin lets out the breath he was holding and pulls Jungkook into a hug. He was so scared. He thought something happened to Jungkook. He thought he wouldn't hear that teasing tone of his anymore. "You're not dead. You're still alive," Seokjin says, so, so relieved.

"Are you hurt anywhere? You must be. That was a great fall," Seokjin rambles, pulling away from Jungkook whose face is a bit pink. He hopes it wasn't from falling. Seokjin checks for injuries, worry-filled.

"Nothing hurts. I think it's because this haystack cushioned it," Jungkook says, as Seokjin dusts the hay off of him. They were in fact, on top of a haystack. "Are you," Jungkook wets his lips, "hurt anywhere?"

Seokjin shakes his head, still concerned about Jungkook. "What were you doing?" he scolds. "Why'd you catch me? If this haystack wasn't here, you would've..." Seokjin stops, not wanting to think about it.

Jungkook smiles, wincing a little after it, "Luckily, it is here and you and I are both here."

Seokjin doesn't understand how he can be smiling at a time like this. "Yes, but-"

Jungkook presses a finger to his lips, "Shh. The important thing is that you're not hurt."

Seokjin's eyes flicker down. 'Why are you always trying to save me?' he thinks. "Why is this haystack just randomly here?" Seokjin asks, looking around and seeing that it's the only one here.

"Sometimes, I take Noir out this way. Having it here makes it more convenient," Jungkook tells him.

"How fortunate," Seokjin sighs. He glances at Jungkook, "Are you sure you didn't break a bone or two?"

"I'm sure," Jungkook assures him. "Let's get down from this thing." He gets off first with Seokjin eyeing him, still unease. Jungkook dusts his pants as Seokjin follows suit. He steps down, missing the earth's floor more than anything.

Jungkook walks over to the gate and picks up the rope made with his clothes. Seokjin watches him warily to see if he developed a limp and in case he suddenly faints. As Jungkook's wrapping the clothes into a little ball, "Stop worrying, would you."

"How can I not? You cushioned my fall," Seokjin looks down. "I owe you a lot now."

Jungkook walks back to where he is. "I'm a strong man. If I were to die, it wouldn't be because of a small accident like this," Jungkook tells him. He tilts Seokjin's chin up. "Besides, you don't owe me anything. I put myself in the position to catch you."

Seokjin steps back. "Thank you," he thanks. "For catching me," he recalls today's earlier events. "And for making me feel better." His eyes skip to Jungkook's hands. "I forgot all about it and had a good time."

"You're welcome," Jungkook replies. Seokjin takes one more glance at Jungkook to make sure he's not in pain before he's about to leave. Even after Jungkook looks fine and not in pain, Seokjin's feet don't move.