You made it to the Castle 2 minutes late and ran through the doors and up the stairs to the main room. DreamXD and Nightmare we already there sitting at the long table that gets placed in the center of the room every meeting. DreamXD sitting at one end and Nightmare sitting along the side, both in there thrones. They both noticed you? And stared you down as you sat in your smaller throne on the other end of the table across from DreamXD.

The table was a ridiculous size, almost 35 feet long and 10 feet wide. To give you an idea of how big the room alone was, you could fit about 4 of these tables in the room. A proportion of the room was cut off for the real thrones, the ones that we all sat in of we had a king/queen come over to ask questions from different countries and villages. (There kinda arranged like the diamonds thrones from Steven universe if you know what I mean)

 (There kinda arranged like the diamonds thrones from Steven universe if you know what I mean)

Except there all made of gold and are embellished with diamonds, emeralds, and rubies. Also the Y/N one is new and was made after you were resurrected. The Dream one is still there for god knows what reason (😉)

Nightmare stared at you. You stared back until you broke eye contact to stare and DreamXD who was repeating your same actions. The entire room was silent.

"Why are you-"
"Where were-"

DreamXD and Nightmare started speaking at the same time before DreamXD shut up so Nightmare to be heard. He always does that.

"Where were you? You said shortly before 7!" He yelled, even with the mask you could tell he was staring into the depths of your soul.

His eyes are probably orange?
Like the rest of his color scheme.
XD's have to be green, like his colors as well. Does that mean Dream's are too?
Why are Dream and XD so similar?
Why is Nightmare so different?
Why am I having these thoughts right now?

You had them remembered that Nightmare said something and quickly answered his question.

"When I was flying here, I saw someone about a mile out in the forest. Obviously he wasn't supposed to be there so I had him leave," of course you were gonna lie, the boy you saw had become an acquaintance that you'd wish to see again. If you'd told the truth, Nightmare would've set out and killed him for getting close to you. The only reason he hadn't killed the members of L'manburg yet was because he made an agreement with DreamXD.

Nightmare nodded and DreamXD quickly stated his question.

"Why are you wearing the ugly uniform?" He said. You cringed at his words and felt embarrassed at you decision to where the uniform.

"Well, I'm obviously a L'manburg citizen now so I have my own uniform. But I thought that it would be appropriate to wear because we will be talking about the war in L'manburg." Nightmare stood up and slammed his hands into the table.

"Hell no, that is not appropriate! Why would you wear that ridiculous outfit anywhere outside of those walls. Especially here, And you know how against I was to you move there in the first place!" He shouted. You closed your eye and pinched the bridge of your nose between your index finger and thumb.

"Can we please ignore my attire and get on with the meeting!" You shouted back. Nightmare sat down. And DreamXD started the meeting. Although, you weren't listening. The entire meeting you just sat there and pondered. You sat there in your own thoughts just thinking about how happy you were to be out of the castle, yet so sad that you didn't have DreamXD to care about you anymore.

After the meeting you stood up, said your goodbyes to DreamXD as Nightmare walked off. You headed outside, it was dark now and the sun was not able to be seen. Instead of flying, you decided to work through the forest instead.

Walking at night reminded you of when you and Tommy snuck into his house to grab his stuff a few weeks ago. The exact same feeling of being watched was there too. Damnit, he's back.

You paused in you tracks and looked around. You didn't see him this time until you looked up and then saw him in a tree. You made eye contact with his cracked, dirty smiley face mask. Neither of you moved at all, just staring at each other for what seemed like hours. He slid back into the tree leaves so you couldn't see him. You shrugged and continued walked forward.

The feeling stayed all the until you were home.

When you got back to your cottage, you closed every curtain and locked every door and window to make sure he couldn't get in unless he broke in. You picked out of the curtain in your bedroom to see if he was there. You looked around the path, the wall, the bushes, the trees, and he wasnt there. You dropped your hand from the curtain and sighed.

You turned around.

And Dream was standing right before you, inches away.

866 words
So this is a really short chapter but I wanted it to end on a cliff hanger and this was my only opening to do so if I didn't want it to be 6,000 words. The next chapter will have a lot of dialogue in it so it might take longer then the rest of the chapters. Anyway, thanks for reading and don't forget to vote!
-Cosmos