A Form of Payment

Within the next week, the apartment building deal was finalized and Sano LLC were the new owners. Thankfully nothing seemed to be different.

Fall was starting to set in Japan. The mornings and evenings were starting to get chilly while the sun that shined during the day had the power to warm your face right up.

Stretching your arms above your head as you slowly woke up, you look out the window of your apartment since you can look through it from your loft space. There's a moving service truck parked on the street across from your building, the movers seeming to cart items across the road and to your building.

Hm, it looks like we're getting new neighbors.

As you slowly climb down your loft steps you brush your hair with your hands as you make your way to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

As much as I love the loft and having a separate sleeping area, I'm starting to get tried of these steps >.<

You have work in a couple of hours so you just put on a cute and casual outfit perfect for the early fall weather. Now wearing your favorite jeans, you pick out an oversized shirt which you can layer on top of a long sleeved shirt.

Heading over to the kitchen area, you have a simple breakfast knowing that you can get coffee and lunch when you get to work.

Deciding to head out a little early to enjoy the nice weather while reading in the park by the cafe, you pack your bag, putting in your book and water bottle and double checking that you have your wallet headphones and lip balm.

"Alright, I guess I'm all set to go."

After slipping on your shoes you head out the door and go to the stairwell to head downstairs and out the apartment building.

Pushing the door open, you see a man leaning against a shiny black car. Taking a puff of a cigarette, leaning his head to one side as he looks in your direction, his short black hair flowing gently with the moment.

"Hey," Mikey says to you as you stare with your mouth agape.

What the flying fuc-

"I wasn't expecting you out here," he says, tossing his cigarette to the floor and squishing it with his shoe. He was wearing a sweater over a tank top and jeans, and you had to admit that this casual look was really pretty in comparison to the suit you last saw him in.

"You really shouldn't smoke, it's bad for your health," you say, trying to gather your composure. "Besides, I think you know that I live here.... Now are you going to tell me what you're doing here? Are you stalking me or something?"

Mikey lets out a gentle laugh. "No, actually, I got an apartment here."

"You're kidding me right? I thought you guys were talking about how you own the building right next door. Why did you get an apartment in this one?"

"Well, actually we bought this building too," he answered, nodding up to your apartment building.

You can't help it. Your jaw drops hearing what he said. Your fears from the past weeks that you thought went away just turned out to be true.

"You look cute with your mouth open like that."

"Shut up!" you yell, your face starting to flush at what he just said to you. The audacity of this man. "This is some sick joke, right?"

"Nah," he answers nonchalantly as he pulls out a pack of cigarettes from his back pocket, opening it to take one out.

You swat the cigarette from his hand as he goes to light it. "What did I just tell you??"