Empty

Waking up the next morning, you roll over on your mattress to check your phone. You have two messages, one from Mikey and one from Kazutora.

Kazutora asked if you were free tomorrow and if you wanted to hang out. Good morning Kazutora, you type, I should be free tomorrow evening, I'll call you later and lets plan something!

Opening Mikey's message, you see he messaged you before 6am. That's so early wtf... anyways.... Mikey texted you to text him whenever you were ready to have breakfast, as he would come down the elevator and bring you up to his place.

Rolling off your mattress, you put your phone in your pocket as you make your way down from the loft space. After quickly brushing your teeth and washing your face, you start to get changed. Picking out a white sling sleeved turtleneck, you wear that under a brown corduroy dress, the type that has the buttons going down the middle. Instead of wearing stockings, you wear white thigh high socks. You text Mikey that you're almost ready before starting to fix your hair.

As you finish up getting ready, you hear a knock at your door. After opening it, you see Mikey standing before you, smiling, wearing a crewneck sweatshirt and sweatpants.

"Good morning, Y/N."

"Good morning, Mikey," you say, closing your door behind you as you step out of your apartment. "You sure do wake up early."

"Hm, what do you mean," Mikey asks you, taking a key out of his pocket as you wait for the elevator.

"Oh, it's just that you messaged me at like 6am. I just thought that was really early, especially since we were kinda out late last night."

"Oh, uh," Mikey starts, putting the key in the key slot of the elevator panel as you two get on. "I have trouble sleeping... sometimes so I just stay up."

"How?? Aren't you tried now?"

"Not really," Mikey says, scratching the back of his neck. "I guess I'm used to it."

"Aw Mikey—" you start but you stop in your tracks as the elevator doors open. You see before you a beautiful open space, in the style of an industrial loft. Huge windows go along the wall. You can see a small sitting area across from you, an open kitchen next to it. There's some doors towards the back, but you see a bed and night stand towards the back of the large space. So those doors must lead to a bathroom and closet, you think.

"Wow, what a beautiful space. It's a shame you don't use it more," you say, walking in.

"You could stay here, if you want," Mikey says, following behind you.

You giggle. "No, I'm fine. I've told you already that I like my apartment right?"

"Speaking of, are you still wanting to pay your rent? I wanted to remind you that you don't have to."

"Mikey, i'm going to continue to pay, okay? Also, what do you want to do for breakfast?" you ask, starting to look around his kitchen. "Wait... do you have any food here??"

Every drawer you open, it's empty. The fridge doesn't have anything at all too.

"Oh, um, no actually."

"Mikey! That's so ridiculous it's funny. Here, gimme the elevator key," you tell him, sticking your hand out.

"Huh, where are you going?"

"I'm going to go down to my place to bring up some food," you say, snatching the key after he takes it out of his pocket. "Don't miss me too much," you say, winking blowing him a kiss as you hop to the elevator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in your apartment, you take out a food storage container. Hmm, what to make? Looking in your fridge, you take out the container of eggs, an onion, pepper and cheese. Placing four eggs in the food storage container, you wrap the other items up and put those all carefully in a tote bag. Grabbing the loaf of bread you had brought home from the cafe, you pack that in the tote as well. Mans didn't even have any dishes, you remember. Sighing, you take out another tote bag, filling this one with a couple plates, a bowl, a small cutting board, forks and spoons. You find a small but good knife and put that in a traveling case and pack that up.